Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Winter Campsite - Lake Annecy

Blue Juice

Blue Juice

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi all,

I'm taking part in a race on Lake Annecy in January (Talloires). I'm struggling to find a campsite in the rough area that is open in the winter. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig,
I’m based in Geneva and go to Annecy quite regularly, but mainly in summer.
As you say the ones in the area all seem to be closed in winter.
I see that there are some parking spaces in Doussard (south end of the lake) next to the sports centre and in Route d’Annecy which seem to be open all year, as well as a couple on the outskirts of Annecy.
As an alternative you could try something like this - a campsite in La Clusaz which is about a 30 minute drive from Talloires and is open all year as it also caters for the ski resort.
http://www.plandufernuy.com/?lang=EN.
Hope that helps

Hi Craig,
I’m based in Geneva and go to Annecy quite regularly, but mainly in summer.
As you say the ones in the area all seem to be closed in winter.
I see that there are some parking spaces in Doussard (south end of the lake) next to the sports centre and in Route d’Annecy which seem to be open all year, as well as a couple on the outskirts of Annecy.
As an alternative you could try something like this - a campsite in La Clusaz which is about a 30 minute drive from Talloires and is open all year as it also caters for the ski resort.
http://www.plandufernuy.com/?lang=EN.
Hope that helps
Thats fantastic, thank you! I like the idea of the campsite for the ski resort, I was going to tag a couple of days on after the event to go snowboarding somewhere - looks like this would tick all the boxes!

Hi Craig, I’ve also got some brand new high quality snow chains for sale for 215/60R17 tyres, or you’re welcome to borrow my chains which are for 235/55R17 tyres if I’m not using the van the period you’re in the area.

Hi Craig, I’ve also got some brand new high quality snow chains for sale for 215/60R17 tyres, or you’re welcome to borrow my chains which are for 235/55R17 tyres if I’m not using the van the period you’re in the area.
Thats really good of you, thank you! Will let you know!

Hi Craig, tried to send you a PM but can’t as you’re not a VIP member. I live near you in the UK and may be able to get chains to you before you go if interested. You’re also welcome to join a ski/board day if the timing works when you’re over in Jan.
Cheers, Mike

Hi Craig, tried to send you a PM but can’t as you’re not a VIP member. I live near you in the UK and may be able to get chains to you before you go if interested. You’re also welcome to join a ski/board day if the timing works when you’re over in Jan.
Cheers, Mike
Sounds good Mike, will be in touch (via PM when I sort VIP out *hangs head in shame*)

Hi Craig,

We do loads of cycling and running events in that part of France and the event organisers almost always provide a camping car parking area for overnight stays (although it may only be for the night before and after). They don't usually put that info on the event webpages, so it's worth getting in touch with them and asking.

Philip