Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
AB18C9F9-1B7C-4D51-BF98-F799C13A2AD7.jpeg
Excited to go and rescue people.
Needed the towbar on so I could tow people lol
❄️
☃️

Crikey where's that? I'm about 1 mile from Birmingham "International" Airport and there's nothing more than a white tinge to the garage roof.

In the depths of The Black Country!

Looks like the White Country now.
Be careful about offering assistance; some drivers expect a good samaritan to provide a full recovery service!
Ha ha, sorry I meant fetching the wife and her nurse friends from work at 19:30 this evening.
Flask of hot chocolate and a Buzz full of nurses ! :D :cheers:)

Looks like the White Country now.
Be careful about offering assistance; some drivers expect a good samaritan to provide a full recovery service!
I’ll just drive by, and smile and wave ‍:talktothehand

Ha ha, sorry I meant fetching the wife and her nurse friends from work at 19:30 this evening.
Flask of hot chocolate and a Buzz full of nurses ! :D :cheers:)
Na na, take it up one notch. Flask et al is so sooo old fashioned. Brew fresh hot chocolate in the van while they sit in the heated van! :thumb :D

Heater on full so the get too hot and start removing warm coats ? :pinkbanana

Diesel heater worked a treat here in Bilston for removing snow of the windscreen this morning, prior to a drive out to the park.

25FF8CD6-8CB3-42EF-807D-FB6B3CB4E841.jpeg
Up and over Clent hills with 8 inches of snow and ice at the top & on the bend with no problem.
As long as you keep the momentum up!
4 wheel drive Range Rover with summer tyres stuck on the bend :headbang
Very impressed with the BFG’s in snow and mud. Stopped very quick on compacted snow on an incline really well. 8/10 !

View attachment 71162
Up and over Clent hills with 8 inches of snow and ice at the top & on the bend with no problem.
As long as you keep the momentum up!
4 wheel drive Range Rover with summer tyres stuck on the bend :headbang
Very impressed with the BFG’s in snow and mud. Stopped very quick on compacted snow on an incline really well. 8/10 !

Sounds impressive, but remember that there are limits, don't overdo it.

Sounds impressive, but remember that there are limits, don't overdo it.
@Vagophile absolutly, it’s not going to handle like the previous cars we had with winter tyres!
Best was the TT Quattro on Nokian winters.
2 seater with 2l TFSi. Had a lot of fun on snow covered roundabouts in that ;)

That's interesting. I had BFG on my Defender and it would spin in every gear in the snow. I came around a corner in fresh snow one time, gave it a prod, and went from lock to lock before finally coming to a stop with the rear in front of the front. They were okay but not brilliant. This was back in 2011 so maybe compounds have moved on. But rating would be 4 out of 10

I had ATR Pirellis on the Discovery that were unbelievable fantastic in the snow and ice (10 out of 10) . Currently shod on Duratracs so hoping these are just as good. Fingers crossed.

P1020051 - Copy.JPG

@pjm-84
Yes these are the new BFG with 3 peak snow tyre silicon compound. I know the older were just All Terrain without the 3 peak logo.

We too have changed our winters to BFG 215/65/16 this fall, indeed because they now come with the 3PMS symbol and are thus allowed as winters in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. They didn’t last time we needed new winters. Have to see still how they do. We had forgotten how noisy they are...

Our summer tyres are still Michelin Latitude Cross 225/70/16. BFGs in that size don’t come with a high enough load index.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

That explains it. The Pirellis were M+S. Apart from being considerate to other road user I didnt really have to drive any different.

I was the only one in work. I gave the Disco to wife in the end and took her PHEV which was pants on the Toyo tyres (0 out 10 (Now shod with ClimateCross))

IMG_0166.JPG

Sorry to dis-illusion you, no, this is Mrs Db on a local sports field. Severn is still liquid and lots of it.
Sorry @Doorbundle I was joking, maybe surf up the Servern on the Bore lol.
But it’s still nice to see some snow in the festive period !
All the best