winter Thermal protection

raynormor

raynormor

Ray
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all

i am looking forward to doing some winter camping (for the first time) in the next few weeks. Can anyone advise on the best thermal screens for the front and side windows. I notice that VW do some for £91, are these easier to fit that the supplied screens and more importantly do they work. Do you put the roof down in the evening when the heating is on. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Ray

DSCN7264.JPG

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9

Try looking here ray most people swear by taylormade screens. I don't have the roof up when I have the heater on
But I suppose its personal preference. I tend to have the heaters on low if I had the roof up the heater would need to go
Up. Nice picture by the way.

Hi Ray, we have always used Taylormade screens, they are not only excellent in the winter but keep the van cool in the summer.

Thanks for that, I've had a look at their website and I think I will go with them.

Regards

Ray

Good choice! We have Taylormade screen covers and they are excellent. We will have the Cali in Andorra in a couple of weeks for a skiing trip, and I know that
these, along with the Pukascreens insulated roof screens, and electric hook up with a little B&Q oil filled radiator, will keep us be kept nice and warm.

Hi Fred

It is certainly very reasonable, two questions, is it padded or just frost prevention (is it going to keep us snug at night when!!!! the winter arrives) and are those Zips I can see at the front.

Thanks for the link

Ray

Martin said:
Hi Ray, we have always used Taylormade screens, they are not only excellent in the winter but keep the van cool in the summer.

The "long" screen? Might get one!

KernowLad said:
Martin said:

The "long" screen? Might get one!
LL007 Is the part number, i think their prices may be going up soon. I would not bother with the ones that come with the van, ours are unopened and in the loft along with the safety net.

raynormor said:
Hi Fred

It is certainly very reasonable, two questions, is it padded or just frost prevention (is it going to keep us snug at night when!!!! the winter arrives) and are those Zips I can see at the front.

Thanks for the link

Ray
it's padded. very warm (I have one). velcro on the windscreens, not zips, it fits very well.

fitting is via velcro strap under the door mirrors and straps that go around the doors.

Back