Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Winter tires 215/60R17C 104H vibration on Sport chassi Model2019

M

Miroslav Cap

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hi all did anybody had this issue whis sport chassi ordered 1BV this september new model 2019 it is only front wheel drive Multivan biturbo 146kW. Not a cali.
The vibration is at 90km/h that is 60 mph. Only on good strait road. All tires changed tested balanced 3x and they are good. I changed with 5 th tire as reserve but no result. The 215/60r17 C are not working on this chassi at all. After 4000 km I refuse to use them and changed this week to 235/55r17 xl winter tire GoodYear Ultragrip and it looks this tire is OK. I will test it next week as I travel to Poland.
Please help if You have any information on this topic.
The problem is as the manual say I can not use snow chains on this profile tire.
There is no solution for this and my dealer did not answer till today.
Best Regards Miroslav

Hi all did anybody had this issue whis sport chassi ordered 1BV this september new model 2019 it is only front wheel drive Multivan biturbo 146kW. Not a cali.
The vibration is at 90km/h that is 60 mph. Only on good strait road. All tires changed tested balanced 3x and they are good. I changed with 5 th tire as reserve but no result. The 215/60r17 C are not working on this chassi at all. After 4000 km I refuse to use them and changed this week to 235/55r17 xl winter tire GoodYear Ultragrip and it looks this tire is OK. I will test it next week as I travel to Poland.
Please help if You have any information on this topic.
The problem is as the manual say I can not use snow chains on this profile tire.
There is no solution for this and my dealer did not answer till today.
Best Regards Miroslav
I can't help you on this problem you have, but this Forum
https://www.t6forum.com
might as there are a lot of owners modifying their vehicles, changing suspension parts etc:.
You might get some answers from here but that Forum might give you wider coverage.

Nemohu vám pomoci s tímto problémem, který máte, ale s tímto fórem
https://www.t6forum.com
Mohlo by se stát, že majitelé změnily své vozidlo, změnili části závěsu atd.
Zde můžete získat nějaké odpovědi, ale Fórum vám může poskytnout širší pokrytí.

I drive the Goodyear Ultragrip in Winter. Excellent.

The extra grip does create some more noise, which is more noticeable when braking on normal roads.

No vibration though.

Some winter tyres are directional i.e. have to be installed on the correct side of the van.

Today is vibration solved by new wheel balancing at special dealer. It is balancing machine Hunter with force. The result was 3 tires totaly wrong balanced. Now I can drive with no vibration I am realy happy. The normal static balancing wheel machines used by tire repair shops are not good. I had 3 different people to balance and no result. For this sport 1BV type chassi Multivan it must be perfect.
I go next week to Hungary so I will test the winter GOODYEAR ultragrip performance generation 1, I shall see how good they really are.
Have a nice day

Back