Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wintercamping on the isle of Texel

Great pictures thanks for sharing.

:thanks For sharing.

Hi DJ, what a good choice for your first trip with the Cali. Texel is very nice as well as Terschelling. I am a Spaniard living in Luxembourg for three years now and love the Netherlands. I have visited just about every corner during this time.
I bet you had a few of these
bier.png

Greadt pics! Love this part of NL (travelled to Terschelling by boat/tent)!

The first trip is one you will always remember!
In 2017 we are planning to have a few trips with some Holland friends so keep posting the nice campings ;)

Ps: was the trip what you were expecting?

Nice pictures!
Good to see another Cali from Breda :)
Been thinking about winter camping...no problems with the cold weather when sleeping upstairs ?

Thanks for this post. I would like to visit Texel but hadn't realised you could camp there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was a fun trip indeed! Only one campground open this time of year: Loodsmanduinen at the south part of the island, naar Den Hoorn. Great place, since Texel is a small island all places to be or see are nearby. Texel is fameus for its beaches...and indeed its Texel Beer (we visited the brewery).

We chose to sleep downstairs, weather was chilly, around 1-2 degrees C. Normally we prefer to sleep up top, but we do not have a 'busmuts' yet, so still to cold to do that in winter. Downstairs was fine though, did not even need the heater on (which was pretty annoying with the ticking noise anyway, I read about that elsewhere on this forum, apparrently cannot be fixed...)

Overall great first trip!