Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wiring defect for tap in California coach 1993?

J

JeppeDenmark87

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hello! My tap doesn't work. I've tried to connect the pump directly to the battery and it works fine.
So my guess was that the problem was inside the tap and the micro-mechanism, but when I checked under the sink I think that something is wrong with the wiring?
The black and the little blue wire isn't connected to anything.
Do anyone see the problem in this picture? :)
Hope that all you clever people can help.
Greetings from Denmark, Jeppe

4C7B094C-FA73-496D-AA86-A6CA6C0F9BDC.jpeg

The white 2core flex is non standard and suggests to me it’s mains (240v ) , something to do with the hook up?

Rip it out and start again, there’s not much to it.

It seems the original fresh water tank has been lost or broken at some point, so it has been replaced by a non standard one. So I guess the cable can be fine enough?

But do you know in which wires the power should be? I've tried with a voltmeter on the big brown and blue but nothing shows.

I guess it's about getting the two small wires (grey and black) that comes out of the silver hose connected to some power, right?

Sorry if I'm too much of a noob in electrics.. :)

FC4C63F6-7AB1-4015-9A57-2C059BEA826C.jpeg

On hols at the moment so don’t have access to the wiring scheme. It’ll be basic. One of the fuses behind the drivers seat will feed the switch which then feeds the pump then an earth. The tap switch will be a switched live, make sense?

Ok so the blue and brown at the pump will be the switched live from the tap switch and an earth.

If I had to guess, from the first photo the black wire needs to connect to the blue terminal just above the red gas tap.

Thanks a lot for your time! It works now. I connected the big blue to "earth" from a bolt/screw in the floor. So somehow it was disconnected from its source.

Back