Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

WLAN not working

Hantshog

Hantshog

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I am after some advice. I just can't get my IPhone 6 to provide WLAN for my van. It used to work. I get the van to select my phone as the Access point so it all looks good but when I go into sat nav to download Car-Net destinations, or even getting Car-Net to update it keeps saying no data connection available. Its most frustrating. Any advice?

Hi there,

My Car-Net didn't work from the start, my phone would connect and the "fan" to say that it was online showed on the sat nav....but that was as far as it went.

After quite a few visits to the dealer they changed the head end unit... all is good now...

So, it may be worth a visit... I'm sure there will be head scratching as there doesn't seem to have been too much training on this wizardry stuff, but they should confirm whether it's the unit or not!!

Good luck!!!

I connect through the VW car stick and it's ok. Sometimes takes more than one attempt but that's probably due to connection issues. I'll try connecting your way next time I'm in the Cali and see how I get on.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi there,

My Car-Net didn't work from the start, my phone would connect and the "fan" to say that it was online showed on the sat nav....but that was as far as it went.

After quite a few visits to the dealer they changed the head end unit... all is good now...

So, it may be worth a visit... I'm sure there will be head scratching as there doesn't seem to have been too much training on this wizardry stuff, but they should confirm whether it's the unit or not!!

Good luck!!!
Thanks for the intel. If it persists i wil book it in to the dealers. This morning i tried it and it worked fine. Best regards

I am after some advice. I just can't get my IPhone 6 to provide WLAN for my van. It used to work. I get the van to select my phone as the Access point so it all looks good but when I go into sat nav to download Car-Net destinations, or even getting Car-Net to update it keeps saying no data connection available. Its most frustrating. Any advice?

Make sure a bluetooth connection is not existing between your van and I phone. With mine if it connects via bluetooth (for phone) it cases to be visible as a WiFi hotspot. Turn off bluetooth and WLAN connectivity is restored.

I always had a "special phone" dedicated for Albert (now Alfie) for bluetooth phone connectivity. A cheap nokia for around £20 does the job. If nothing else it meant that I was not being plagued by unwanted incoming calls whilst driving.

Have you upgraded to iso11? If so it is causing issues with CarPlay for some

Back