Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wooden floor option.

Lukem

Lukem

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Morning.
Has anyone had the wooden floor option on their California? If so, what's it like and is it worth the money?
Thanks.

Are you aware it's vinyl wood look and not real wood?
I think i would get if buying now .

Yes, I know it's plastic made to look like wood but it looks quite effective. It brightens up the passenger area a bit.

Yes, I know it's plastic made to look like wood but it looks quite effective. It brightens up the passenger area a bit.
Not much use if you intend to put a fitted carpet down though, as many do.

pictures I have seen it looks nice

Fit the Brandrup folding carpet and you don't see the floor and its easy to sweep, just seconds,

We walked back and forth between the Cali and the Marco Polo at the Dusseldorf show, as they were right beside each other. The Marco Polos all have the wood grain vinyl and a Cali Red edition also had it. We decided that it did not add much to the Cali, and was a better match to the uniform cabinets of the MP rather than the dark wood grain finish in the Cali. (Kind of clashed actually) And for 500 Euros, we can buy several nice carpets for a variety in decoration...

Yeap I would save the money and buy carpet instead. Brandrup carpet is one of the best things we got for our. Really nice in the colder morning and had worn well. Like all Brandrup kit they are expensive but ultimately worth it.

Yeap I would save the money and buy carpet instead. Brandrup carpet is one of the best things we got for our. Really nice in the colder morning and had worn well. Like all Brandrup kit they are expensive but ultimately worth it.

Question: are the slotted carpets really that useful? We sleep upstairs and rarely move the bench seat. Even for people who sleep on the lower bed, does it not just make sense to push the carpet back?

The bradrup folding carpet has no slots and just folds over onto itself so bed can be pulled out and you are still standing on carpet. Well designed.

The bradrup folding carpet has no slots and just folds over onto itself so bed can be pulled out and you are still standing on carpet. Well designed.

What is the part number for the Brandrup folding carpet? I can't find it anywhere

We have the slotted carpet because we do move the bench around a lot. That is the thing with a lot of acessories for the Cali, you do need to thing about them in context with the way you will use your Cali.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What is the part number for the Brandrup folding carpet? I can't find it anywhere
Bought from the Netherlands bradrup stockist -quick delivery if in stock and you still have access to the under bench drawer without moving the carpet.

Bought from the Netherlands bradrup stockist -quick delivery if in stock and you still have access to the under bench drawer without moving the carpet.

I can only find the normal carpet with the cut outs for the rails, can't see anything that folds?

Foldable Velours Carpet Anthracite passenger compartment

Reference: UD1143209

Condition: New product

Foldable Velours carpet for passenger compartment Anthracite
Campershop.nl also in grey

Morning.
Has anyone had the wooden floor option on their California? If so, what's it like and is it worth the money?
Thanks.
Is there a wooden wheels and shafts option just in case diesel is outlawed altogether? :thumb

We bought a made to measure Cali carpet from a UK supplier (sorry, can't remember who) when we got the van but it was not entirely successful. Purchased the medium quality and once fitted moving the lower bed was quite difficult. It could be done but it was a struggle. The carpet was just too thick so it caught on the underside of the drawer. Also had to stick bits down with blue tack.
As Mrs DoH makes up the bed changing things wasn't a priority but, in France this year even she was having a struggle and I took over and removed the carpet. Aah! Wonderful the drawer rolled like silk. We bought two small carpets from Wilkinson’s price not a lot and now ,after 5 years she has no problem fixing the bed.
So, for what it is worth I would avoid a carpet unless your wife/partner is very strong

We bought a made to measure Cali carpet from a UK supplier (sorry, can't remember who) when we got the van but it was not entirely successful. Purchased the medium quality and once fitted moving the lower bed was quite difficult. It could be done but it was a struggle. The carpet was just too thick so it caught on the underside of the drawer. Also had to stick bits down with blue tack.
As Mrs DoH makes up the bed changing things wasn't a priority but, in France this year even she was having a struggle and I took over and removed the carpet. Aah! Wonderful the drawer rolled like silk. We bought two small carpets from Wilkinson’s price not a lot and now ,after 5 years she has no problem fixing the bed.
So, for what it is worth I would avoid a carpet unless your wife/partner is very strong
Thanks for your reply. I've now asked the dealer to add the wood floor option to my van. I think it will look great and my wife didn't want a carpet any way.

Back