Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wow...just clicked on a link for replacement bumpers

Alan Andrews

Alan Andrews

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have just received a link to an upgraded T6 front and rear bumper from LeightonParts.co.uk

Gobsmacked at price.

I will not get away with this on my xmas list

I have just received a link to an upgraded T6 front and rear bumper from LeightonParts.co.uk

Gobsmacked at price.

Looks an absolute Bargin + spraying + inserts / grilles + fitting = Silly money even considering Cali Tax !

Gobsmacked at price.

How can some plastic cost sooooooo much !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember when a fully fitted, quality pop top roof cost that sort of money.
You would have to be, beyond stupid to spend that sort of money on some plastic fandango…
Many do plus wheels, suspension, leather seats, sound system and performance upgrades. £20k easily spent.

It would make using levelling ramps interesting!

It would make using levelling ramps interesting!
often see that type of low bumper/splitter for sale secondhand with 'easy repair' comment where it has hit a kerb or some such thing.
begs the question 'if an easy repair why replace it'? probably an OCD owner.

Gobsmacked at price.

This is absolute nonsense. Classic example of style over function and general loss of plot. Once again, image takes over from practicality. Bumpers should be for bumps, easily and cheaply replaceable. Also quick and cheap fixes have less environmental impact, less material, less waste.
What a farce!

Many do plus wheels, suspension, leather seats, sound system and performance upgrades. £20k easily spent.
Each to their own. It’s a form of hobby for some, I like seeing all the different vans etc at VW shows. People do spend a fortune but they love it and enjoy it.
Some people spend thousands on a bicycle, yes a bike! Imagine that ;)

This is absolute nonsense. Classic example of style over function and general loss of plot. Once again, image takes over from practicality. Bumpers should be for bumps, easily and cheaply replaceable. Also quick and cheap fixes have less environmental impact, less material, less waste.
What a farce!
Some years since the metal bumper got located behind the cosmetic plastic bumper.

Each to their own. It’s a form of hobby for some, I like seeing all the different vans etc at VW shows. People do spend a fortune but they love it and enjoy it.
Some people spend thousands on a bicycle, yes a bike! Imagine that ;)
List of optional extras on Calis confirms that.

Don't think that I've ever had a car that didn't have something done to it. Even Company ones didn't get neglected. Have to have a functional improvement criteria (mostly).