Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

wow

P

phillme

Vehicle
N/A
what a mine field tyre choice is ... can anyone help I'm a bit dyslexic and trying to work out what will fit and what won't is a bit of a nightmare ... I've got a pickup with cooper AT tyres that i like ... have ordered a beach which i can't have with 4motion , question is I'm going to get 17" steels but what tyre closest to what i have now can I get with out modification ? road noise and high speed rating is of no concern to me ... thank you if u can help x

Friend of mine has Michelin Cross Latitude and is pretty happy with this tyre for normal usage. I guess they are nothing in comparison with your AT's so it might be helpful to think where you're going to drive with your Cali. Mud, sand, snow? For serious snow I am fond of winter tyres.
Look forward to your final decision.

hi sap .... the tyres are for the woods ... so mud gravel grass really and all year round.

ps does anyone know if any AT tyres fit ? or is there not enough clearance ? hoping to find a more off-road bias tyre if poss ...

hi sap .... the tyres are for the woods ... so mud gravel grass really and all year round.

Sorry than I guess the Latitude won't fit. However just saw these ones in an ad. Maybe this is worth looking at?
beba3bceaceae07a26b8d24ca902fb21.png

ps does anyone know if any AT tyres fit ? or is there not enough clearance ? hoping to find a more off-road bias tyre if poss ...
They will fit if you select the right size, the problem I have found is getting the correct speed and weight rating.

cheers loz , will have a ring round next week and c how i get on ... as i won't have as much weight as u and don't get over 50 mph hopefully won't have any probs

Good strong tyre, had them on my land cruiser, a bit noisy on the road. Unfortunately I have 17" wheels so the choice is much less.

Also the speed is fine on those but it's not the speed you drive but a technicality for the insurance company if you happen to make a claim.

Try a run out on those BFG ATs before you buy, they should come with a set of 'aural protectors' for free as the road noise on tarmac would drive you to distraction after half an hour or so. IMHO, acceptable on a dual purpose utility but not a California.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks sapto but like loz says will have 17 wheels ... loz do u know what speed rating tyre i need ? didn't have a clue that it had anything to do with insurance , thanks for the heads up .
I hear what your saying 525107 but i can't really afford to run two motors so the beach will have to be a dual purpose vehicle :)

I hear what your saying 525107 but i can't really afford to run two motors so the beach will have to be a dual purpose vehicle :)
As mentioned, ATs and MTs are generally noisy on the road so you need to compromise one way or the other.
The guys on the Touareg forum rave about the new Michelin Lattitude Cross as they seem to be a good all rounder unless you have 2 sets of wheels and swap them over as needed.

thanks loz ... good reviews indeed ... will have a look at one an see if it looks manly enough ! ;)

thanks sapto but like loz says will have 17 wheels ... loz do u know what speed rating tyre i need ? didn't have a clue that it had anything to do with insurance , thanks for the heads up .

Sorry, reread your first post. I got a picture of a friends California with the Cross 17:
392e9b6e819d00e931a46a38ad4fb8b2.jpg

For summer I vote for Michelin Latitude cross 235/55 R17 103H XL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheers ciki .... what do u use in the winter ?

nice pics sapto cheers ... look good with black wheels