Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Written off Beach - how can i prove the value

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Following my recent post about the arson attack - the insurers have written off the van and i am now in discussions with the engineer over the value. They have made an offer based on a '3 guide value' that is in my view very low. They have given me time to obtain a counter value, but wonder if anyone has had to prove a value in similar circumstances. Many thanks

I had a very protracted insurance claim on my last Lotus Elise that was damaged out in Italy on a road trip, I had to triangualte lots of very unique cars on SELOC and also get all the quotes for done as it had an Honda engine conversion, better to opt for guranteed value sometimes which I later did.

I would say use the forum and see if the Admins can show past archived sales of Beaches, ask you're local dealer too if you are considering buying new, they will be able to did sales up and indicative prices.

Good luck, but don't take the first offer.

who are you insured with many MH policies say they offer replacement value for 24 moths - what is on VW site at the moment

Standard procedure. They always low-ball you. Be patient, stick it out. When I went through something similar I think I had to find actual vehicles for sale as a guide. A statement from a dealer wasn't acceptable. With a Cali that will be more of a challenge.

Find out what evidence you can present and from what source. E.g does it need to be a "full" / complete match for them to accept it.

Good luck!

just had a look on VW a number of 2016 Beaches on there not sure how the spec compares to yours none are yellow

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Get lots of examples from everywhere you can to establish that the market asking price is £xxxxx. Are you insured through a broker? If you are, talk to them, they'll fight your corner. Out of interest which insurer is involved, they're not all the archetypal baddies that urban legend paints them as.

who are you insured with many MH policies say they offer replacement value for 24 moths - what is on VW site at the moment
im with LV - they offer new replacement up to 12 months ..... this case makes an argument for GAP cover. Hardly anything on the VW network.

I had a very protracted insurance claim on my last Lotus Elise that was damaged out in Italy on a road trip, I had to triangualte lots of very unique cars on SELOC and also get all the quotes for done as it had an Honda engine conversion, better to opt for guranteed value sometimes which I later did.

I would say use the forum and see if the Admins can show past archived sales of Beaches, ask you're local dealer too if you are considering buying new, they will be able to did sales up and indicative prices.

Good luck, but don't take the first offer.

Ooh, sorry to thread hijack, but I've often wondered if anyone else on the forums had an Elise. Two cars from almost opposite ends of the spectrum, it's always an odd experience jumping from one to the other! There are times, for example on Scottish B roads or French Autoroutes, when I've wished I was in the other one. But they both do what they were made for so well.

im with LV - they offer new replacement up to 12 months ..... this case makes an argument for GAP cover. Hardly anything on the VW network.
Hi Tim, sorry about your troubles...

Don't forget there is always the insurance ombusman service who will hear your case and evidence if your insurer is not forthcoming.

Good luck
Loz.

Last edited:
Would it be worth listing your vans spec millage etc then others can post links to any we spot to give a price for your info.

Sorry to hear your news, Im also insured with LV and they usually seem pretty good but claiming is the true test of any insurer. Fingers crossed.

My car was written off earlier this year so I understand the issue.
I'd suggest searching Autotrader for vehicles with a similar age/mileage/model and ignore digging too deep trying to find an exact spec (because specific options make very little difference to the value on a used vehicle and it'll be hard to find many with an exact match). This will give you a ballpark figure of a replacement. You can also try the sell option on Autotrader by entering your reg and mileage to see what it gives as an idea and then you'll have a better understanding if the insurance payout is reasonable or not.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Back