Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wrong colour seats arrived and VW beach petrol DSG.....

Jerseyroberts

Jerseyroberts

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
hi,

Advice very much appreciated.

A few parts to this....

Firstly, I ordered a petrol beach in Oct prior to price increase. It arrived a few days ago but with different colour seats to those ordered (ordered alcantara in grey and arrived alcantara in black). Massively disappointed to say the least. After a bit of it’s not our fault from the dealer they realised it was and have offered money off van and an apology (the dealer has always been good prior to this). They said however that if I don’t except the van and re ordered as per my original order I would have to accept the new price increase by VW from November 2017. Is this common practice considering it was there fault and I did place my original order before increase (it is a couple of thousand increase). It just seems I am missing out twice (longer wait and more expensive). Of note my original discount was No more than 3 percent off list price so no great amount.

My other predicament is....

I would probably prefer a DSG but was previously too impatient (no beach petrol DSG). Do I now cancel this one (which I can at no cost as its the wrong van arrived) and wait patiently for a DSG. I am only willing to wait to order for 6 months max as I am inpatient and need the van for daily use. Anyone got any particular insight on when a DSG would be available. Is 6 months realistic? Will it ever be made?

Sorry to hear your dilemma, very frustrating. Your dealer hads made a mistake and it is they who should bear the cost not you. Either accept a discount ( not the first offer) or reorder but at the same price. I would stand firm on this and threaten legal action as they have broken their contract with you.

Ask them to pay for a full leather recover. As for breaking contract I think you do not have a case. The seat colour may be wrong but that is all. If you decline they will not sell a new order at old price. Some may argue different but no court would support you in such an action.
It may be you regret not getting a DSG but if used to a manual (which I much prefer) it is a pleasure to use everyday. Pity it takes the shine off an otherwise great vehicle.

Thanks Digger and Rich. I suppose for me it is more about what is the correct thing for dealer to do rather than legal concerns. It just that I may well end up £2,000 worse off with the price increase and 5 months time wasted (and our holiday cancelled) through no fault of my own which is frustrating.

Can you get the dealer to pay for seat covers in the correct colour?
If they offered to pay for them, would you accept that?

DSG or manual, that is an entirely different question. Is it really worth that much to you?

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I agree. The Dealer might be persuaded to re-order with the different coloured seats at the old price, but I very much doubt you would be able to change the order to include a DSG . So you have grounds to refuse the vehicle, possibly, but re-ordering with a DSG will be at the present price-list and you may not get any discount from an awkward Dealer.
The seats are easily sorted. Make the vehicle your own with some good, colourful seat covers using the compensation offered and then use it as intended.

I would not sweat over seat fabric, looks lovely in the showroom but anyone who's owned a Cali, especially one with kids will tell you seat covers are absolute must haves. Unless you never eat, drink or get a muddy shoe anywhere near the thing.

Even plain water leaves a nice mark on VW cloth seats.

We've always used the factory type grey waterproof ones, don't look great but work well.

I once bought a car & when I turned up to pick it up, it was an entirely different colour somehow, I don't remember why now. I do remember I told the (very slimy dealer) guy I was going to break his legs if I didn't like it (and I think he believed me) but fortunately it was nicer. Get the dealer & do a deal, time is money & opportunity wasted, seats are insignificant. I'd do what Digger suggested, a nice retrim...

Thanks for ideas.

Welsh Gas, in no way would I expect cheaper price if I changed my order to DSG. My issue is that I think I should get what I ordered 4 months ago at same price. Seems a bit unfair for an increase in wait and price.

I agree with other comments that I could put seat covers on and although the floor colour and side panels would not be the colour I would want I am sure I will not care one bit when out having fun. However, when you pay a load of money your ability (or mine at least) to compromise reduces.

I agree with other comments that I could put seat covers on and although the floor colour and side panels would not be the colour I would want I am sure I will not care one bit when out having fun. However, when you pay a load of money your ability (or mine at least) to compromise reduces.
So the whole interior, and not just the seats, are wrong?
That is not so easily fixed.

I'd be wanting at least 10% discount on the entire purchase price to accept that to bring it in line with a pre registered price.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I feel for you - lots of money but not exactly what you wanted.

We bought a 3 year old SE with grey cloth seats. Would have loved black seats as grey is completely impractical for our kids eating and drinking etc - so our seats all have waterproof covers on them.

It seems crazy that VW don’t have a process where you get a print out or email of what has been ordered for you to double check before it gets built.

Hope you find a solution that you can happily live with.

I much prefer the Black/Dark Grey seats and panels but I accept it personal choice. The Dealer needs to sort it out ASAP.

Thanks for ideas.

Welsh Gas, in no way would I expect cheaper price if I changed my order to DSG. My issue is that I think I should get what I ordered 4 months ago at same price. Seems a bit unfair for an increase in wait and price.

I wasn't aware the whole interior colour scheme was wrong. That puts a different view on it. The interior should be replaced at no cost in that case and if they have to re-order the vehicle then thats their problem.
Your original post only mentioned the seats.

A post factory interior retro fit will never be the same as original factory fit (IMHO). If its not what you want or ordered reject it and order a new one. I think they should supply at original cost even it costs the dealer. Write to VW UK.

A post factory interior retro fit will never be the same as original factory fit (IMHO). If its not what you want or ordered reject it and order a new one. I think they should supply at original cost even it costs the dealer. Write to VW UK.
They would never do a refit. Too expensive. Would be more cost effective for them to re-order.

Is it the beige interior...?
That’s just no good in a California.

Personally I would re-order. Your going to spend lots of time in there looking at a finish your not happy with. I would say it worst than having the wrong exterior colour.

I would push for a reorder at original price.
If you set on DSG, then you will need to suck up the price rise.
Petrol...?
Brave.

Personally I would re-order. Your going to spend lots of time in there looking at a finish your not happy with. I would say it worst than having the wrong exterior colour.

Petrol...?
Brave.
Lives on Jersey. Best choice to avoid DPF problems.

Definitely get the dealer to reorder you spend a long time with the vehicle so it has to be the way you want it good luck as to DSG I have had both in the past but I do prefer DSG to manual but that is my choice. :thumb

Thanks for th input.

To answer some of above, yes it is whole interior. I would have preferred outside to be a different colour as mentioned above. My gripe is if I reorder I’m out of pocket.

Mentions of being brave with petrol are inaccurate and off point. There are reasons for ordering petrol for me but I agree it’s not for everyone. But that’s a different debate.

I have decided to cancel and do without a van. It was a massive decision to order and one I have thought about for over 10 years. We already have trips booked in Europe with the van but now it’s a tent and a camp fire in a old car. I’m fed up with the situation and can’t afford (and not be annoyed by) the extra few thousand on re ordering the same van.

Petrol...?
Brave.

Soulstyledevon: Hi can I sk where that Avatar picture was taken it looks like the campsite on the road to the Zermatt Cable Car/Train Station?

don't be hasty, you should be able to keep the wrong build van until the right spec vehicle as per your order is built .

Back