Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

yellow beach - cool or AA van ?

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
ive just ordered a yellow T6 beach 150 - been umming and ahhing about the colour - wanted a solid colour basic fun wagon with a close to basic spec - even steel wheels ..... have i got it wrong ? - the yellow colour is unique to the beach but its a lot of cash to get it wrong - VW use the yellow van on its promotional stuff ?? - so whats the feeling cool or AA van ?.

Nothing wrong with yellow, the Cali is a fun vehicle and it suits it :thumb

(Unless you want to go stealth camping :D )

Mine is yellow and I'm very happy. Initialy i was thinking in get a white one, but in a dealer I had the chance of see both white and yellow side by side and liked more the yellow one.

When people see it there are some who likes and some who don't, but that's what happens with colors.

I love it.

IMG_20150726_102919936.jpg

v cool :thumb

Take care on trips to the beach though, don't want to lose it in the sand!

We intended to get a yellow beach until the sales guy put us off, when we were discussing colours he kept making little "are you sure" type remarks. I asked him to elaborate and he said that often customers had ordered it after seeing nice pics in the brochures but then said it looks different in the flesh and in his opinion not as nice a yellow as the brochure looks. We chickened out and opted for blackberry, I hadn't seen a yellow in the flesh until we went to COTF and I thought it looked great, it does also add a fun element. I could also see what he meant, it does look a slightly different tone than the glossy brochures show but not in a bad way in my opinion.

ive just ordered a yellow T6 beach 150 - been umming and ahhing about the colour - wanted a solid colour basic fun wagon with a close to basic spec - even steel wheels ..... have i got it wrong ? - the yellow colour is unique to the beach but its a lot of cash to get it wrong - VW use the yellow van on its promotional stuff ?? - so whats the feeling cool or AA van ?.
If I were in the market for a beach, I would want a yellow one. Its a bright and cheerful colour unlike the rest of the Cali palet. It suits the beach and must be a safer colour to drive around in. Also you are not going to find it difficult to find in a large car park in the usual sea of grey, silver and black cars.
My only reservation would be that the yellow on the new Cali T6 doesn't look as nice as that on the T5. More of an acid than the previous primrose yellow.

Last edited:
Isn't the new one that (baby-poo) yellow as discussed in that 'colours' topic (sorry!). The older solid custard yellow is quite nice and looks great with black highlights:

motorhomes.autotrader.co.uk/used-motorhomes/volkswagen/california/2012-volkswagen-california-beach-2-0-tdi-102-ps-diesel-tiverton-mfpa-2c929b9c4f1bf575014f1e4d45062aeb/makemodel/make/volkswagen

We intended to get a yellow beach until the sales guy put us off, when we were discussing colours he kept making little "are you sure" type remarks. I asked him to elaborate and he said that often customers had ordered it after seeing nice pics in the brochures but then said it looks different in the flesh and in his opinion not as nice a yellow as the brochure looks. We chickened out and opted for blackberry, I hadn't seen a yellow in the flesh until we went to COTF and I thought it looked great, it does also add a fun element. I could also see what he meant, it does look a slightly different tone than the glossy brochures show but not in a bad way in my opinion.

I am going yellow - i liked the T5 solid yellow colour but taking a punt on the baby poo new yellow - im prepared to let it grow on me. Thanks guys

We went yellow in the belief it had to be a fun and true camper colour and we love it. Also, as yellow is only available on the beach there aren't many around.
Go for it, you won't regret it!

Ive managed to track down a picture ofT6 Grape yellow - i think ..... no too baby pooish - i think i can live with that - like the steel wheels

Screen Shot 2015-09-17 at 13.13.14.png

Just commented on another thread that we saw a grape yellow colour card in a showroom today and it looks nothing like the photos on this thread. A hint of the smelly infant stuff about it!

+1 for cool - it looked good in yellow in the T5 too

If yellow and black wasn't cool the why would DEWALT make everything in yellow and black ???
I rest my case :D:D

Passing through Meigle last weekend, we saw a yellow beach stopped for provisions, and with a flowery garland around the windscreen, it certainly didn't look like an AA van.
Cool :thumb

Back