Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Zipped Fitted sheet lower VW comfort mattress

P

ParkerA

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Advice please, just got a new California 6.1 SWB going to use the original VW comfort mattress for lower bed and want to get Duvalay fitted zipped sheets and leave it on for ease of daily use (would also like to fit their fitted mattress protector as well) . Dos anyone have this setup as I want to know if you can still fold the mattress up and pull out as usual with the sheet on or dos the zipped sheet stop it folding? Just want to finalise the bedding.

Ps, a big hello to everyone as we've just joined the club. Just been away for a couple of nights in Ballater camp site and Scone campsite. Our whippet also loved it and fitted right in to the van life.
Thanks for any help

We have this in ours (T5 2007), so assume same mattress.
We leave the zipped sheet on at all times (other than when washing them lol), no issues with folding the mattress at all, and makes bed making so much easier......

One option is a small double mattress protector and jersey double fitted sheet (Belledorm). That’s what I use and it works very well. They have strong elastic all the way round that keeps them in place. I haven’t seen Duvalay zipped sheets but they sound like another good option.

Advice please, just got a new California 6.1 SWB going to use the original VW comfort mattress for lower bed and want to get Duvalay fitted zipped sheets and leave it on for ease of daily use (would also like to fit their fitted mattress protector as well) . Dos anyone have this setup as I want to know if you can still fold the mattress up and pull out as usual with the sheet on or dos the zipped sheet stop it folding? Just want to finalise the bedding.

Ps, a big hello to everyone as we've just joined the club. Just been away for a couple of nights in Ballater camp site and Scone campsite. Our whippet also loved it and fitted right in to the van life.
Thanks for any help
Try with just the duvalay mattress topper. It is so much more manageable and supremely comfortable.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Try with just the duvalay mattress topper. It is so much more manageable and supremely comfortable.

Is it more comfortable than the T6 comfort mattress? I know lots complain but I get on ok with it. Not so with the T6.1 version though!!

Is it more comfortable than the T6 comfort mattress? I know lots complain but I get on ok with it. Not so with the T6.1 version though!!
For us, yes. We use it without the comfort mattress. It rolls up into a small bundle along with pillows and saves a lot of space. Very easy to deploy at night as well. Just roll out.

We leave the zipped sheet on at all times (other than when washing them lol), no issues with folding the mattress at all, and makes bed making so much easier......
Thank you

One option is a small double mattress protector and jersey double fitted sheet (Belledorm). That’s what I use and it works very well. They have strong elastic all the way round that keeps them in place. I haven’t seen Duvalay zipped sheets but they sound like another good option.
Thank you

When I'm on my own, I sleep downstairs and recent bought the Duvalay duvet, the thinner 2.5mm mattress type. This seems to be enough to get comfortable when combined with the VW topper. I see no need then to put any sheet or protector on the VW topper mattress.

When I'm on my own, I sleep downstairs and recent bought the Duvalay duvet, the thinner 2.5mm mattress type. This seems to be enough to get comfortable when combined with the VW topper. I see no need then to put any sheet or protector on the VW topper mattress.
Thank you

Thanks you.

Back