Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ZONESLEEP

W

Wendy Stock

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi, we are going to travelling for a fortnight in our California and I find the mattress very uncomfortable, I have read this is a problem. We have the comfort mattress but I am not impressed. Can I have everyones views on the Zonesleep, it looks very thin but says it does make a difference in softness. Or any other options other than B&B next-door to campsite for me!! :) Many thanks in advance.

Hi, we are going to travelling for a fortnight in our California and I find the mattress very uncomfortable, I have read this is a problem. We have the comfort mattress but I am not impressed. Can I have everyones views on the Zonesleep, it looks very thin but says it does make a difference in softness. Or any other options other than B&B next-door to campsite for me!! :) Many thanks in advance.

Definitely makes it more comfortable than sleeping on the bench but it is very firm still. Depends on preference but if you prefer a soft bed then a zonesleep might not be the best choice. We also use our downstairs one in the roof on top of the standard roof mattress (we have to remove the Zonesleep each time. That's comfortable but still quite firm...do sometimes feel a bit achy in the morning, particularly on longer trips.

I've heard lots of good things about the Brandrup bed accessory

Have a look at the duvalay gold topper for downstairs really comfortable. Folds up on rear parcel shelf when not in use.

Like you I found the VW mattress very uncomfortable but since the purchase of a Zonesleep I actually sleep. We put the Zonesleep on top of the VW mattress.

Definitely makes it more comfortable than sleeping on the bench but it is very firm still. Depends on preference but if you prefer a soft bed then a zonesleep might not be the best choice. We also use our downstairs one in the roof on top of the standard roof mattress (we have to remove the Zonesleep each time. That's comfortable but still quite firm...do sometimes feel a bit achy in the morning, particularly on longer trips.

I've heard lots of good things about the Brandrup bed accessory
Thank you for that suggestion, we are going to try putting the downstairs mattress upstairs, lets see if that works :)

Have a look at the duvalay gold topper for downstairs really comfortable. Folds up on rear parcel shelf when not in use.
Thank you, I shall have a look at their site. Something has to work!

I ended up with two zonesleeps (top and bottom). I'm going away next week with the top mattress removed, and both zonesleeps thrown up there (the 'upstairs' on the slats, the 'downstairs' on top of that, with a fitted sheet).
The original upstairs mattress removed, so the roof closes with both zonesleeps in place.

Sleeping upstairs, we are sorted. I we want to sleep downstairs, we need to pull the top zonesleep (the 'downstairs') down, and replace in the morning.

I've tried a mock up, but yet to try in anger.

I ended up with two zonesleeps (top and bottom). I'm going away next week with the top mattress removed, and both zonesleeps thrown up there (the 'upstairs' on the slats, the 'downstairs' on top of that, with a fitted sheet).
The original upstairs mattress removed, so the roof closes with both zonesleeps in place.

Sleeping upstairs, we are sorted. I we want to sleep downstairs, we need to pull the top zonesleep (the 'downstairs') down, and replace in the morning.

I've tried a mock up, but yet to try in anger.

I'd be interested in you views on this set up. Did it work, are there any problems other than stumping up the cash?

I'd be interested in you views on this set up. Did it work, are there any problems other than stumping up the cash?
First try was fine, although the testing sees us going back to (just) the standard mattress up top this weekend.
Zonesleeps are funny. Their top layer is super soft, but the space tech webbing beneath is quite solid. I think that's to maintain the air gap and circulation vs a foam equivalent. So putting two together could be firmer than the original foam, although the slats give the movement.
It's also all so subjective. For those who've got 2 already, it's certainly worth a try, as it does save space (and the cost of the 1" Comfortz). For those with just the downstairs one (where it works fab) I'd suggest trying a simple one man comfort test upstairs with it folded before splashing the cash.

Back