Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

a big scary moment

W

windywocket

A friend of ours has a t5 conversion and last weekend he started feeling dizzy so had to call out the paramedics to the campsite he was staying on it turns out his propex heater was not
Exhausting properly.to cut a long story short he was very very lucky.This has got me thinking about our Cali it is now 2 years old and used regularly how often should I get it checked out for gas safety :?: I am defiantly going to buy a carbon monoxide detector can someone reccomend
One to use please
Thanks alan

We're just using a domestic detector which appears to work OK.

I bought mine of this site :thumb piece of mind one thinks.

Might be a daft question but ,would this also work with the Knockout gas being used by the scallies on the continent in order to relieve camper van owners of their possessions :?:

Fireangel or similar is an essential, not an optional extra.

£21 or thereabouts, how cheap is that for a life?

The Cali manual does say you should open a window/doors when using the gas burner to allow for ventilation.
A CO detector is a good addition.
The temperature element is meaningless in such a small space. Trigger point is about 90 degrees and you would know long before then that you have a problem...

Thanks everybody for your speedy replies.it looks like I will order from the shop here.
Let's hope it never happens to anybody else he is still pretty shaken up by it.my Cali is due a service soon maybe I will get them to check my gas hob.
Thanks alan

Back