Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auto Close Windows

MichaelB

MichaelB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Does anyone know if there is an option to have the windows close as soon as you lock the doors with the key? I had this on my last car which was a Renualt. I know you can hold the button down but I liked the fact I didn't have to remember to do it.

Ok I'll be honest I'm hoping Stu (font of all Cali knowledge) knows the answer to this one.

MichaelB said:
Does anyone know if there is an option to have the windows close as soon as you lock the doors with the key? I had this on my last car which was a Renualt. I know you can hold the button down but I liked the fact I didn't have to remember to do it.

Ok I'll be honest I'm hoping Stu (font of all Cali knowledge) knows the answer to this one.

A significant over statement there I think Michael however I am very flattered.

Sadly I don't think you can. About the nearest I think you'd get to it is Auto Rain closing if you had Vis Pack B with the Rain Light Sensor. I've not tried that though.

The problem with the Cali is that the BCM (Body Control Module) is quite limited in it's functions compared to other VAG cars so lots of the niceties that can be 'switched on' with other cars simply aren't there.

They do close if you hold the button down on the remote control though if that helps.

Thanks Stu

I do have Vis Pack B so auto rain closing would cover part of my concern. Still I will have to get use to closing the windows myself! Not may things I miss about owning a Renault but that and keyless entry are up there. However the constant threat of major mechanical/electrical issues is one I am not missing. Although Poppy has had more issues than I was expecting.

I have Keyless on my A4 which is about a £450 option!! I do like it though and despite my thinking it's hugely over priced I probably would have it again given the choice.

Back