Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auto-open front windows

M

Matt Dower

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
I have had a couple of situations recently where our 2018 T6 Beach spontaneously decided to open its front windows.

Not sure when it happened - I either found out when a neighbour knocked on my door to tell me they were open or last time I found them open in the morning - and it had rained in the night.

I must either be lucky or live in a nice neighbourhood since nothing was taken - but still!

Has anybody else had the same.

I have had a couple of situations recently where our 2018 T6 Beach spontaneously decided to open its front windows.

Not sure when it happened - I either found out when a neighbour knocked on my door to tell me they were open or last time I found them open in the morning - and it had rained in the night.

I must either be lucky or live in a nice neighbourhood since nothing was taken - but still!

Has anybody else had the same.

Keys in pocket, long (accidental) press of the unlock button and the windows open.

If a door isn’t opened the doors will relock but the windows won’t wind up.

The windows will close after a long press of the lock button.

This opening and closing of the windows after a long press is a feature. I expect you can ask your dealer to turn it off.

Pressing and holding the key remote will open/close the windows - any chance of an accidental long press?

If you want to be safe, then buy the Carista OBD2 dongle with a free trial period and its simple to turn this feature off. I did this after it happened to me on a couple of occasions when the keys were in my pocket and the remote long press was inadvertently operated.

I took my Cali to the dealer to get them to turn off this feature after I found the windows open a couple of times. They refused and told me it wasn’t possible. Fortunately a very kind member of the forum, who had Carisa, contacted me and switched the feature off.

Back