Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bike rack in Spain

M

MrsW

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi , off to Spain later this month with 2 bikes on the back. I’ve purchased the 50x50 hazard sign (checked it’s the Spanish one!) and have read we also need additional signs due to the overhang. Anyone else used these/are they necessary? Thx

Hi , off to Spain later this month with 2 bikes on the back. I’ve purchased the 50x50 hazard sign (checked it’s the Spanish one!) and have read we also need additional signs due to the overhang. Anyone else used these/are they necessary? Thx
Just the red & white diagonal sign when you have bicycles on, but read this thread.

this site shows a diagram as to where to put the signs.
We just used one on the back as the bikes do not go past where the mirrors stick out.
I believe there are additional signs for use on large motorhomes.

Just the red & white diagonal sign when you have bicycles on, but read this thread.

Thx for the heads up - will keep the bikes on! Is the ITV inspection applicable to UK vehicles as I thought it was the Spanish equivalent of an MOT?

this site shows a diagram as to where to put the signs.
We just used one on the back as the bikes do not go past where the mirrors stick out.
I believe there are additional signs for use on large motorhomes.
Thx ~ This is really useful

Thx for the heads up - will keep the bikes on! Is the ITV inspection applicable to UK vehicles as I thought it was the Spanish equivalent of an MOT?
It is the equivilent of our MOT, but whether they will treat foreign vehicles any differently to Spanish registered vehicles I don't know. A bit like the Red & White board. We don't require it in the UK or France, but they do in Spain and Italy.

I always put one on when the bikes go on but see tourists without all the time. I suppose it’s a risk you take by not having one fitted. I know the bikes are wider than the actual vehicle but doubt they are wider than the mirrors. It’s difficult enough to see out of the back window with the bikes on let alone with a big stripey sign.

Back