Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changed leisure batteries, radio asking for code!

S

scubadoo

VIP Member
So I've just swapped my leisures batteries following guidance on this forum. All reconnected and now the eradio is asking for a code. The only code i have is a 4 digit 'pin' code written in the manual on a piece of paper with the radio serial number, tried that and it said it was incorrect and i have one attempt remaining.

Any suggestions? Meant to be going away for 4 weeks on Tuesday so this is a right pain!

Cheers
Dave

So I've just swapped my leisures batteries following guidance on this forum. All reconnected and now the eradio is asking for a code. The only code i have is a 4 digit 'pin' code written in the manual on a piece of paper with the radio serial number, tried that and it said it was incorrect and i have one attempt remaining.

Any suggestions? Meant to be going away for 4 weeks on Tuesday so this is a right pain!

Cheers
Dave
If it is the original VW radio, then you can contact your/ or any VW Dealership, with the Radio serial number and VIN or Vehicle Registration Number. They should then be able to give you the correct Code Number, free of charge.

WelshGas is right but If it's post 2010 (I can't see your vehicle using my moby) it should self code if it was the one taken out just prior. Either give it time, or plug it in again and see if it's OK.

That's assuming it's still powered by the engine battery and the electronic jiggery pokery, and that it hasn't be rewired to operate from the leisure side.

If it is the original VW radio, then you can contact your/ or any VW Dealership, with the Radio serial number and VIN or Vehicle Registration Number. They should then be able to give you the correct Code Number, free of charge.

Thanks WelshGas, I've rung them and it turns out the pin i have is correct but the radio isn't accepting it and it's locked for 60 minutes. Guess I'm going to have to go down there.

It's a 2010 Cali 4Motion and the radio is still wired to the car battery. Never understood why they did that rather than wire it to the leisure batteries. I end up taking my big makita site radio!

I had this issue on a VW Touran. A bit of punting around the web and I found a combination of buttons to press to reset the code. Worth a look around.

Mike

I had this issue on a VW Touran. A bit of punting around the web and I found a combination of buttons to press to reset the code. Worth a look around.

Ah, brilliant! I had a quick google and watched a few videos until i found one for doing a 'soft reset'.

I had to hold down the two top left buttons that are forward and reverse for the cd player and the top right button which is a star. Wait untill the screen turns off then release the buttons and it restarts and all was well.

Thanks guys!
Dave

Ah, brilliant! I had a quick google and watched a few videos until i found one for doing a 'soft reset'.

I had to hold down the two top left buttons that are forward and reverse for the cd player and the top right button which is a star. Wait untill the screen turns off then release the buttons and it restarts and all was well.

Thanks guys!
Dave

Hopefully your in luck but I suspect that a soft reset may only be temporary and need doing each time you switch off. Hopefully fixed it.

Mike

I usually get my clients codes online , i have tried some of them but end up using just these two, this and this one, both are working. Hope this will be helpful

Hi There shipmates - does anyone know where the radio serial number is kept - none of my docs appear to contain one - can it be anywhere other than on the back of the radio! Its a T5 180 SE 2012

many thanks

Hi There shipmates - does anyone know where the radio serial number is kept - none of my docs appear to contain one - can it be anywhere other than on the back of the radio! Its a T5 180 SE 2012

many thanks

If you cant find it stuck in the handbook, take the radio out, take a note of the serial number. Go on ebay and you can buy the code for about £5 (you send seller serial number, seller will send a message with the code).

thanks Ch1 - guess I'm taking out the radio

Back