Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club joker and Sven owners

Very good.

So you’re in the East or West Mids ?
I think with the habitation side, we can fix most things with parts sent.
So I don’t mind that.
What I do like, is the many MAN locations all over and longer working hours and cheaper servicing costs!

Yes looked at FB Sven page setup by CamperVanTime, but it’s a pain to search.
Would be better in a forum style, easy searchable then.

Yep, I’d be tempted by MAN because of the dealer network.
That’s one thing that attracted me to Mercedes. Providing the van is serviced by Merc, you get lifetime European breakdown cover and there’s plenty of Merc commercial dealers around Europe.

I’ve been stuck in France in the past. It was a painful experience…

Photos photos photos. Starlight blue is lovely but agree the bugs make it look like a war zone and I’m a clean freak so wash it often!
2dbdbf90f3153d946ea678d0dad112de.jpg

983a3d88b3dee34e9be3cc482b374d10.jpg

d13012ba2b2195ebd8e654a3183289c1.jpg

48074473f1693596be4d10a253cd61b2.jpg
Your van is so cool :cool::cool:

Can't believe you let that go!!!! That is my perfect colour/alloy combination. What did you replace it with?
I know, I know :headbang:headbang:headbang.
It did look really good. It was a lot of money sat on the drive at a time we struggled to get away so cashed in. Obviously wish we still had it. Bought a much cheaper Cali the year after but that went too.

Yep, I’d be tempted by MAN because of the dealer network.
That’s one thing that attracted me to Mercedes. Providing the van is serviced by Merc, you get lifetime European breakdown cover and there’s plenty of Merc commercial dealers around Europe.

I’ve been stuck in France in the past. It was a painful experience…
I’ve been to Nick Whale in Evesham today.
Huge amount of stock in.
Brand new ones, I’ve been able to walk in, poke around and sit in chairs and test beds out.
I was really tempted by the new Fiat wildax solaris xl
It ticked all my box’s.
Oven, microwave, 4 beds !

But then I remembered your driving experience of the fiat. And the drivers chair didn’t feel fully adjustable.
No adaptive cruise.
So I need to stick to base model.
MAN or Merc.
Adjustable seat, height, squab, lumbar.
Auto.
Adaptive cruise.

The new MAN TGE 3.180 Meg Wave 640
But it’s 2.2m wide and 7m long.
Such a nice layout.
4 berth, 4 seats.
Air supported suspension for £86k
Can uprate plate for £200
From 3.5 to 3.8, online.

Now I’ve realised I need something just for me for the next 6 years.
Would be ideal to keep to 6m length.
As car parks I use have grass or path ways behind so can stick 1m of van over the back.
So do I sack the grandkids off totally and only have 2 seat belts or keep to 4 seat belts. ?
Sven is only 1 double bed.

Or do I risk it and go for 7m.
But keep 2m width.

It’s difficult narrowing it down.
But getting there.

I’ve been to Nick Whale in Evesham today.
Huge amount of stock in.
Brand new ones, I’ve been able to walk in, poke around and sit in chairs and test beds out.
I was really tempted by the new Fiat wildax solaris xl
It ticked all my box’s.
Oven, microwave, 4 beds !

But then I remembered your driving experience of the fiat. And the drivers chair didn’t feel fully adjustable.
No adaptive cruise.
So I need to stick to base model.
MAN or Merc.
Adjustable seat, height, squab, lumbar.
Auto.
Adaptive cruise.

The new MAN TGE 3.180 Meg Wave 640
But it’s 2.2m wide and 7m long.
Such a nice layout.
4 berth, 4 seats.
Air supported suspension for £86k
Can uprate plate for £200
From 3.5 to 3.8, online.

Now I’ve realised I need something just for me for the next 6 years.
Would be ideal to keep to 6m length.
As car parks I use have grass or path ways behind so can stick 1m of van over the back.
So do I sack the grandkids off totally and only have 2 seat belts or keep to 4 seat belts. ?
Sven is only 1 double bed.

Or do I risk it and go for 7m.
But keep 2m width.

It’s difficult narrowing it down.
But getting there.
What you're describing there keeps coming back to the Sven! :D :D :D :D

We all know this was the beast to beat.... Made back in 1999. No shower (without a bit of modding) but more spacious without it, and built like a tank. wast.jpg
Westfalia T4 Exclusive. Reg T4WFA. Hope the current owner is on here.

Last edited:
Looks very similar to the vans posted above this has been reduced by 10k, still overpriced IMO but reckon could be a great buy for someone if the price starts with an 8!
Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 08.38.57.png

Looks very similar to the vans posted above this has been reduced by 10k, still overpriced IMO but reckon could be a great buy for someone if the price starts with an 8!
View attachment 123476
Similar with Campersales are 10K more. Literally down to the last 2 or 3 LHD Club Jokers now, in current form. Might be the last ever, who knows.
Makes the 23 reg 150hp one for sale look a bargain at 75K.

View attachment 123476
Similar with Campersales are 10K more. Literally down to the last 2 or 3 LHD Club Jokers now, in current form. Might be the last ever, who knows.
Makes the 23 reg 150hp one for sale look a bargain at 75K.
£108k was advertised price of same spec 4motion with campersales and only 2yr warranty so that’s a pretty good price for the last ever 4m joker with extra 1yrs warranty.
Got my first silver joker from them

At what price do you say YES?
hehe, I really want the LED daytime running lights which this doesn't have. It also doesn't have a digi dash a la California Ocean. I adore the upper bed in the Joker but find the seats really uncomfortable compared to the 2 seater bench in the Cali Ocean T6.1, and I spend a lot of time working from a laptop / watching movies so need this.

Took my SIL car to WebuyAnyCar today and sold it. She was 54 and lasted 9 months with Cancer.
Mad me bad. Also made me really sad thinking about the Cali being driven off into the sunset after I sell it. Don’t think I can do it.
Might just buy a crafter seat for it.

Now this is what the wife is saying.
Why not get a 2021 full fat Range Rover D300 Westy for £41k
And spend the other £49k on holidays.
I've got a 2023 D350 Range Rover and it's been nothing but trouble, had the AA out to it twice and the insurance has gone crazy expensive as everyones nicking them!

I'd rather have a £30k car and a new Sprinter/Crafter/Man conversion if it were a straight choice!

I've got a 2023 D350 Range Rover and it's been nothing but trouble, had the AA out to it twice and the insurance has gone crazy expensive as everyones nicking them!

I'd rather have a £30k car and a new Sprinter/Crafter/Man conversion if it were a straight choice!
My lad says it will drive me insane driving a crafter size van on the Motorway.
But I don’t know.
I think I’ll rent one for a week and see how it drives with the seat.
Hate being this indecisive.
Just don’t like the faff of setting up.
But might be down to my current mood.
I won’t do anything for summer.
But wonder if a crafter seat would fit on a Cali base

Could rent a crafter and remove the seat and see if it fits ;)

Back