Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Countdown begins!

Should be crossing the Arctic Circle tomorrow. This is my planned route.image.jpg
From Lulea to the Arctic Metal Campsite. I'll be crossing the Arctic Circle and be in Norway.

image.jpg

Arctic Circle is at 66* 45', I think

Well I'm now in Norway, about 270 miles from my destination. Left the main trunk routes today and headed north on a very good A road. It was virtually empty. I'm all " Laked out " now. Lakes to the left and lakes to the right. The scenery changed gradually the Pine forests gave way to combined Pine and Aspen forests and gradually thinned out the further North with increasing expanses of waterlogged tundra still with a lot of snow. In Finland the majority of lakes were still frozen and there were ice floes on the rivers.image.jpgimage.jpg I stopped for a brew and it was over 30 minutes before a vehicle passed.
image.jpg I'm now parked up for the night, tucked in between 2 cabins with my own loo and shower. I'm the only one here. Tomorrow I'll be in Nordkapp and I'll stay for 2 nights, included in the price, and then a slower journey back.

Last edited:
I'll be crossing the Arctic Circle.
You'll have to mark it with a celebration, post a selfie one leg in and one leg out (of the circle!). Or front wheels in and rear wheels out - or whatever ...

Let us know when you are in front of the webcam on Nordkapp tomorrow evening ....want to see you wave...!
Seems the beautiful nature is slowly turning in to rocks and stones getting closer to Nordkapp?

Passed it. There wasn't even a line on the road. There was a sign for a petrol station - Last fuel stop before Arctic Circle - so it was between that garage and the next garage which was 2 km up the road.
Anyway the Arctic Circle moves depending on the Earths rotation, or something like that, only by a few Minutes.:thumb

Will do - hotel california, you can scroll back on the camera so I will post the time.
Mind you it is very foggy there at the moment.

I AM HERE.
Finally made it and enjoying a coffee and Danish pastry looking out over the Globe.image.jpg Well it was an interesting drive. The road was undulating, is the best term, numerous bends and climbing up and down many hills and then mountains. The scrub land gave way to forest covered hills/mountains. Numerous frozen lakes and Reindeer.image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
The undersea tunnel to get to the island is spectacular. Almost 7km long. Has doors at each end that they use during winter to keep it warm and ice free.
More to follow. At the moment I'm just happy I've realised my dream. It has been a long time coming.
The California has totally proven itself as a camper and a long distance tourer.
I haven't seen any California's so far but there are a lot of T5's up this way, local plates etc. so they must be tough to cope with the winters here.

I AM HERE.
Finally made it and enjoying a coffee and Danish pastry looking out over the Globe.View attachment 8295 Well it was an interesting drive. The road was undulating, is the best term, numerous bends and climbing up and down many hills and then mountains. The scrub land gave way to forest covered hills/mountains. Numerous frozen lakes and Reindeer.View attachment 8296View attachment 8297 View attachment 8298 View attachment 8300
The undersea tunnel to get to the island is spectacular. Almost 7km long. Has doors at each end that they use during winter to keep it warm and ice free.
More to follow. At the moment I'm just happy I've realised my dream. It has been a long time coming.
The California has totally proven itself as a camper and a long distance tourer.
I haven't seen any California's so far but there are a lot of T5's up this way, local plates etc. so they must be tough to cope with the winters here.

Well done enjoy it & have a safe trip home

I AM HERE.
Finally made it and enjoying a coffee and Danish pastry looking out over the Globe.View attachment 8295 Well it was an interesting drive. The road was undulating, is the best term, numerous bends and climbing up and down many hills and then mountains. The scrub land gave way to forest covered hills/mountains. Numerous frozen lakes and Reindeer.View attachment 8296View attachment 8297 View attachment 8298 View attachment 8300

Well done enjoy it....have a safe trip home

Moved the Van, so I have a view, away from the Motorhomes. It's windy here. I think il be rocked to sleep tonight. Not going to be tempted putting the roof up. Right next to the cliff, 1000' to the sea.image.jpgview of the Visitors Centre from my cosy California, gently rocking in the wind.image.jpgCliff edge from the other side. And straight ahead.image.jpg

Great news!
Think we see your Cali on the webcam at the moment ....
Enjoy the night and your trip back south...;)
How much is it to spent the night there ? Tought is was arround 60 euro , don't know in ponds...

Last edited:
Hi, hotel California.
235 Norwegian Kronor/ Person. This gives entry to museums, Cinema etc for 24 hrs. To stay an extra night is 100 Kronor. About 28€ / Person for 24 hrs.

Hi, hotel California.
235 Norwegian Kronor/ Person. This gives entry to museums, Cinema etc for 24 hrs. To stay an extra night is 100 Kronor. About 28€ / Person for 24 hrs.
O , must have heard it from someone staiging the two of them...
Is it your Cali we can spot at the moment a bit to the side from the other cars/campers ?
You got internet! Nice!

According to the timeline that Cali is placed there between 17.15 and 17.30 pm

Before it was parked in inbetween the big whiteones....

That's it. Well spotted. Sat in it having some food during the rainstorm. Going in to watch the movie later and probably have a beer. Got to stay up to see the midnight sun. Staying 2 nights so a lazy day tomorrow. Some shopping and some of their excellent coffee and freshly baked pastries. My treat before starting back - slowly.

Wow what a trip!
How many miles have you done so far? and whats your MPG?

2450 miles exactly. According to the dash display 32.9 mpg. Will do an accurate tank to tank calculation when I get home.

Would you believe it with all the parking spaces some PL registered Van conversion has gone and parked right in front of me.image.jpg

Hope he gets blown over.:headbang:headbang:headbang

Yeah! We can see you on the webcam. Looks like he's gone.
Well done. Will you go on the Lofoten islands on the way back? Always wanted to go there.

Hooligans from Poland....:D
How is that camera mounted to the dash , just bought a action camera ( not a Go- pro but from Medion by Aldi:cool:) and it came with a bike steer mount and some mounths to be taped ...like to have a sucktion mounth .
Think i go search in Gps accesoires to find one

Yeah! We can see you on the webcam. Looks like he's gone.
Well done. Will you go on the Lofoten islands on the way back? Always wanted to go there.

Nope , still there, the webcam comes probally with a delay....

Gassy one ...

Thank you xxx

A brilliant trip, a brilliant commentary, I am both envious and full of admiration.

Jen

Ok, got a suction mount to fit my cameras including the DSLR, didn't want to use windscreen, also could be illegal. If you take out the rubber insert in the central dashboard tray the surface is flat but not smooth. I then got a piece of thin Acrylic plastic, very smooth, covered the back in very strong Gorrila double sided tape and stuck that in the tray. The suction mount has been on for 6 days without having to reapply it. Once finished with the rubber insert fits on top of the Acrylic.