Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Duff roof light

GeoffB

GeoffB

VIP Member
When we collected our Cali we were shown how to turn the flexible roof light on and off, but on getting it home and turning it on the very first time it flickered and died within a couple of seconds. I suspected a loose bulb and took the back of the light off - it certainly looks loose, but needs to be attacked from the front. The plastic glass has a small raised bit that I guess is for prizing the glass out, but don't want to try this in case it breaks. Wonder if anyone else has had this trouble?

We'd have taken the Cali back to VW Manchester for rectification, but as it's 2 hours drive away that's the last resort! Our only niggle with our new Cali so far. The quality control is excellent, there's so much that could go wrong, so we're not really bothered. We've been using head-torches in the roof bed space so it's not much of a problem.

thing is so annoying is that for warranty work you need to have a diagnosis and a a follow up visit.

on the upside any VW Van centre can help so just call the nearest one and pop over. The other thing I've noticed is that as the Van centres usually deal with trades they are verbs specific over time slots so it's all very slick and quick.

Just looked on my Cali. The back of the light, the part you rotate to switch on / off just unscrews & the bulb then falls out.
Maybe the bulb has blown. I had thought these were LEDs but obviously not.
Be careful with the light as they have a habit of breaking off at the base.

Back