Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Duke of Edinburgh

By nature, he spoke his mind; and, sometimes, that got him into trouble...

I got my Duke of Edinburgh Gold award and was invited down to London (from the Wirral). As I did mine independently I also have a photo of me on stage in the Glenda Jackson theatre (my school friends aunt) in Birkenhead with Henry Cooper...
My brother (3 years older) took my dad to Buckingham palace for his Gold award. By my time it was St James’ (if I recall correctly), and my mum was very disappointed.
As I was one of the few girls and also fairly short (5’2”) I was positioned in the middle and front of my group. HRH came down the room and stood right in front of me, looked at me, and asked a question... and I froze... so someone else answered.
What I remember, at 5’2” with 1.5” heels, I was still looking down on him...
He will be sorely missed.

By nature, he spoke his mind; and, sometimes, that got him into trouble...
That is true of so many people. Speaking your mind is not always appreciated.
Today, I think, the majority of us want to remember the positive things he has done in honour of his memory.

That is true of so many people. Speaking your mind is not always appreciated.
Today, I think, the majority of us want to remember the positive things he has done in honour of his memory.
I was quoting the BBC

You know this will be deleted, right?
No need to take the wee wee from the moderators. We’re all trying to show some respect tonight. We all have different memories of HRH as well. Take care.

So the Duke is the Colonel-in-chief of my Corps and it is a sad day indeed,

So when Prince Phillip was attending the station open day a few years ago I had to go into the dispersal to chat to a Apache pilot who was having issues just before he was meant to preform a display for the open day. Just at the point I was crossing his purple royal helicopter was taxiing to leave and having ear Deffence on I didn’t hear it so at the last minute I spotted it just before I got run over by the helicopter he was sat in the back seat of I remember seeing him looking out.

Tenuous link I know,

Stand easy solider, your time is done RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to take the wee wee from the moderators. We’re all trying to show some respect tonight. We all have different memories of HRH as well. Take care.
Absolutely Alison, people show their respect in many ways. You take care too.

Wow!! Just wow!! To have someone who makes you laugh (when maybe you shouldn’t) after 70+ years of marriage. Wonderful.
70 years! That’s like more than four life sentences!

'I am a republican.

I am also an historian.

I also had the incredible good fortune to meet his uncle many times.

He was an outstanding naval student, incredibly composed under fire on HMS Wallace during operation Huskey, arrogant, outspoken said it as it was naval man.

He was someone who as a self-described " amoeba" earned the respect given to him. We need more, not less, Prince Phillips.

I got my Duke of Edinburgh Gold award and was invited down to London (from the Wirral). As I did mine independently I also have a photo of me on stage in the Glenda Jackson theatre (my school friends aunt) in Birkenhead with Henry Cooper...
My brother (3 years older) took my dad to Buckingham palace for his Gold award. By my time it was St James’ (if I recall correctly), and my mum was very disappointed.
As I was one of the few girls and also fairly short (5’2”) I was positioned in the middle and front of my group. HRH came down the room and stood right in front of me, looked at me, and asked a question... and I froze... so someone else answered.
What I remember, at 5’2” with 1.5” heels, I was still looking down on him...
He will be sorely missed.
HRH was a totally unique institution, that he made for himself & he will be missed.
I'm intrigued by your reference to his height, Wikipedia lists him at 6' tall.

When I was recruiting I always looked for DoEA on the cv's great gateway to a career with some of the UK's large Corporations. Never met the Duke unfortunately, a feisty Princess Royal was bad enough :-0

HRH was a totally unique institution, that he made for himself & he will be missed.
I'm intrigued by your reference to his height, Wikipedia lists him at 6' tall.
Screenshot_20210411_125853.jpg
President Obama is 6' 1.6" and Michelle Obama is 5' 11".