Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Emissions software revelations

sbmcd

sbmcd

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Interesting to hear owners views on the above which has dropped VW share prices by 20 percent. VW has now confirmed all diesels are affected. Will there be a recall of all vehicles to correct the software, I think they will be forced to, and if they do what impact will there be on performance?

I will do as I am doing now.

Sat in my Cali enjoying every minute of my life on the road, or even off it, and when the speculation, rumour and intrigue turns into finite courses of action then I will just have to make my choices then,

I really don't think anyone, not even the CEO, know exactly what the plan is at this moment other than order extra toilet rolls for certain members of staff.

They have set aside £4.7 billion to throw at the problem. That is one hell of an expensive mistake someone has made !!!

They have set aside £4.7 billion to throw at the problem. That is one hell of an expensive mistake someone has made !!!

That sounds like a massive recall will be implemented, and fines / legal fees of course.

Going to need a lot more than that before this scenario is finished.

I do not think £4.7b will be enough.

This could be BP and Deepwater Horizon all over again.

Just saying what they said on radio earlier today. Depends on how wide spread the problem is.

How many other manufacturers are playing the same game ????

It used to be a favourite trick for manufacturers of motorbikes to drop the power curve just at the revs they tested emissions at. I'm going back to 80s / 90s on that & may have stopped now ?

Will there be a recall of all vehicles to correct the software, I think they will be forced to, and if they do what impact will there be on performance?
They ain't getting their greasy hands on mine, effect on performance could be dire! :Nailbiting

He or she will almost certainly get promotion!

Back