Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Family of 10 turn down 5 bedroom house

Wow! Looks like the Mirror must be a little concerned about it's circulation figures and is upping it's 'Trolling' to compete with the Current Bun/Daily Fail. It's got some way to go, but it's a start, and appears to have already reeled in a few...
Quite right. We should not be told about these things.

Not at all. As someone who decided not to become an adult student to avoid making my two children suffer in any way, (my wife also turned down a university place for similar reasons) I understand how difficult it must have been for him to make his decision.

Housing and feeding eight children, and another on the way I believe, is a big responsibility to pass on to the council. He has more nerve and determination to achieve his goal in life than I or my wife had. He should be given the respect he richly deserves.

'Flat Earth News' by Nick Davies. A highly recommended read for a Cali weekend away...

Housing and feeding eight children, and another on the way I believe, is a big responsibility to pass on to the council. He has more nerve and determination to achieve his goal in life than I or my wife had. He should be given the respect he richly deserves.

It seems that Mr Sube is studying full-time to be a psychiatric nurse for the NHS as well as working part-time to support his family. Presumably, like all good fathers, he just wants the best for his family.

The main problems people seem to have with his is that he is:
1. a migrant;
2. French;
3. entitled to housing benefits and claiming them;
and possibly, 4. Black.

I don't suppose many people have problems with him:
1. studing to better himself;
2. coming here to work for the NHS;
3. working and paying tax.

NO! The problem people have with this is that they have ten kids.

If I did not have enough income or a house to support 2 kids ( let alone ten) I would not have any more children as it would not be fair on them. There is something called contraceptive you know!!

I have to admire the strength, determination and stamina of both of them :shocked

we were both working and studying when we had two kids and finding the time to add to the child collection was beyond us :sad

Anyway,

<<<<<<<<< as avatar shows, I would rather pass that baton on to the children ..... (happy granny coming out there .....)

The main problems people seem to have with his is that he is:
1. a migrant;
2. French;
and possibly, 4. Black.

It seems like you can't criticise anyone if they are:
1. a migrant;
2. French;
and possibly, 4. Black.

It seems that Mr Sube is studying full-time to be a psychiatric nurse for the NHS as well as working part-time to support his family. Presumably, like all good fathers, he just wants the best for his family.
If that is the case then maybe he should live within his means and keep his trousers zipped up.
Hardly doing the best for his family .

If he used contraception 10 years ago the family would not be in such a mess. And some people never learn.
If contraception is not their style then one can use the British Rail method - try and pull out on time!

If that is the case then maybe he should live within his means and keep his trousers zipped up.
Hardly doing the best for his family .

Given that family planning cannot be retrospective in a civil society, what would your advice be to Mr Sube, given the situation he finds himself in now?

I know that a lot of men shirk their responsibilities and flee from a situation like this. It is to Mr Sube's credit that he is doing all he can for his family.

I hate to agree with Tom but the kids look bright and well looked after. The guy seems to be trying to do his best. The piece is clearly designed to enrage folk, a bit like the crap on C5 about the luxuries of living on the dole. Now we have left Europe they have a great future. Surprised more people from France aren't coming here.

Given that family planning cannot be retrospective in a civil society, what would your advice be to Mr Sube, given the situation he finds himself in now?

I know that a lot of men shirk their responsibilities and flee from a situation like this. It is to Mr Sube's credit that he is doing all he can for his family.
And planning on a 10th child following the birth of his 9th and then he might stop? No credit there!

Interesting how this sort of stuff gets people fired up. Not the Mail this time but I think it's editor is on record as saying that part of its strategy is to make people feel fearful and under threat...I suspect the same with most of the tabloids. Best avoid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And planning on a 10th child following the birth of his 9th and then he might stop? No credit there!

What would your advice be to Mr Sube, given the situation he finds himself in now?

Is it as simple as, "Stop having children", or is there more advice that you have for him to support his family as it is now?

Interesting how this sort of stuff gets people fired up. Not the Mail this time but I think it's editor is on record as saying that part of its strategy is to make people feel fearful and under threat...I suspect the same with most of the tabloids. Best avoid!

I have just been looking at the comments sections in some of the online reports: I wish I hadn't.

"They belong in Africa"
"put them on the plane and send them back."
"Don't send'em back. Unless in spare parts."
"kick them out on the streets"

I have just been looking at the comments sections in some of the online reports: I wish I hadn't.

"They belong in Africa"
"put them on the plane and send them back."
"Don't send'em back. Unless in spare parts."
"kick them out on the streets"
Given the nature of the article and the response it was designed to provoke you can hardly be surprised.
Don't read them and don't give them the oxygen they seek is my advice.

Mike

Shirking his responsibilities, surely not? He knows all about responsibilities. This is what he said:
"People should take responsibility when they're supposed to and Luton council had a responsibility to find us accommodation suitable for our needs.”

He didn't even take responsibility for going out for food but preferred room service when being put up in a hotel at our expense, running up a £21,000 food bill which he refused to pay, saying; "We were ordering room service, chicken and chips, Chinese food. We had to order it twice per day for all the kids and all the family."

His children might feel less cramped if he gave up the bedroom he uses as his office and gym. When I did my (self financed) Open University studies my office was the kitchen table and I know many others who did the same.

Oh yes, he's certainly doing all he can isn't he? I'd hate to see what he's like when he not doing all he can and just leaving everything to others.

As for dismissing people's comments because the newspapers are only printing the story to increase their circulation: so what? If the story is true then it doesn't matter why it is printed.

People have a right to know how their tax money is spent, especially when some seem to be getting a disproportionate amount out of the system compared to what they are putting into it.

I thought benefits were for people who fell on hard times, not those who deliberately throw themselves and their family into hardship.

When people defend this type of person I wonder at what point would they criticise them. 15 kids?, 20 years study, a demand for a 10 bedroom house with jacuzzi?

Is it simply the case that I am not as lenient as others or is it that there is no limit to what others deem okay?

Shirking his responsibilities, surely not? He knows all about responsibilities. This is what he said:
"People should take responsibility when they're supposed to and Luton council had a responsibility to find us accommodation suitable for our needs.”

Occupation rules seem to be quite clear:

=====

The number of bedrooms allowed under Housing Benefit rules depends on your age, the age and sex of your children, whether any other adults live with you, whether you qualify for an extra room because you have special circumstances which mean you are exempt and whether you are a private or social tenant.

The basic rules are that one bedroom is allowed for each of the following:

• A couple
  • A single adult
  • A child over the age of 16
  • 2 children of the same sex under the age of 16
  • 2 children of either sex under the age of 10
=====

If Mr Sube is entitled to this for his family, why would it be wrong for him to ask for this for his family?

I do have an issue with him if he has turned down a suitable offer of accommodation, as may be the case.

If the rules are wrong, lobby for the rules to be changed, but don't criticise those who ask for the rules to be correctly applied for their family.

Back