First 'Official' sketch of the new T6

BMVS-Camper-Hire

BMVS-Camper-Hire

Camperhire
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Released by VW UK at 11a.m. today

What do you think?

It's a T5 variant, as has been strongly predicted.

Doesn't look particularly 'new' to me. A T5.5 perhaps more than a T6

Looks great, the modding community will be happy, lots of new parts to put on our older Calis and T5's.

Nice look like this :
26832381230842251.jpg

Boring Boring Boring !!

If this is correct, I feel sorry for all the people have missed out on this season waiting for the T6 just to find it is really just a T5.5 if that!

Must admit, I got distracted by some of the other pictures on that page :D

I'm sure them two girls shop at ours!

I've waiting for a T6 for better engines, lower emissions and improved dash etc.

Never expected a new shape.

We've got 3 holidays booked this year so wouldn't benefit from a Cali this year anyway!

Improved Dash - maybe
Better engine - I doubt it, more complicated, more expensive to repair and service - definitely.
Lower Emmisions - probably in the lab under controlled conditions but unlikely in the real world and don't forget the nasty chemicals etc used to get those lower emissions.
Your choice but don't believe everything that the EU forces on an unwitting public aided by profit hungry manufacturers.
Rant over.

Very interesting wheels can it cross water looks like a paddle steamer

Actually, I now have it on good authority that the major difference in the new T6 is that the owner's manual has been re-written such that it can be understood by a person of only just above average intelligence.

Owners of T5's will be able to upgrade their T5's almost to T6 spec simply by acquiring the new manual, which will be available from VW dealers as soon as Stanley Unwin* has finished it and the VW Health and Safety department has approved and annotated it. The cost will be somewhere in the region of 15,999 Euros.

* If you are a young person you may need to Google who this is ;)

It's amazing how many T5 owners have been so negative towards the T6 and anyone waiting for a T6!

It was always the way... T4/T5 same... T5/T5.1 same...

I guess that's part of being enthusiasts and not just owners.

Take a look at the Transit forums... even harsher over there and they are on the Fourth Generation MK8!

Bottom line is the T5 will soon be an old model and it's time to move forward.

That being said... prefer my T4 Multi over my SE... Smoother (odd due to the same engine - 150 bhp instead of 174) and significantly more economic averages just over 39 mpg which the SE never matches. Prefer the looks too.

I guess what some people don't like about the potential T6 is the fact it appears to be a second facelift rather than fundamental redesign along with the perception (backed by lots of reviews and stats) that as VW put more tech in their vehicles, reliability has gone down. All of that linked to huge increases in prices over the past few years, doesn't always go down well.

Interesting. Looks as though there will be petrol engines as well as diesel, so maybe in the future we can get away from the issues that make emissions compliance such a problem with diesels. I wouldn't be surprised if many people ordering a T6 Cali ordered petrol instead of diesel.

An amazing list of technical bits and bobs for infotainment and safety - lot's more to go wrong.

Looks as though there will be petrol engines as well as diesel

Original (prefacelift 2003 to 2009) T5 was available with petrol engines... 2.0 and 3.2... Not particularly popular.

Facelift (Post 2009) was available with 2.0 petrol 114bhp.. very unpopular :oops:

Last edited:
I have been invited to the official VW T6 launch (allegedly in Amsterdam for some weird reason) looking fwd to good old VW hospitality:thumb
will post some info and pics up here after, and of course will be carrying the story in VWBus magazine
It's been fascinating watching the hype over past couple of years ... almost as fun as the frenzy over a concept retro bulli that ran for years and which still surfaces!
As we all expected...nothing dramatic style wise like the T1>T2 or the T3>T4!!!!!

I have been invited to the official VW T6 launch (allegedly in Amsterdam for some weird reason) looking fwd to good old VW hospitality:thumb
will post some info and pics up here after, and of course will be carrying the story in VWBus magazine
It's been fascinating watching the hype over past couple of years ... almost as fun as the frenzy over a concept retro bulli that ran for years and which still surfaces!
As we all expected...nothing dramatic style wise like the T1>T2 or the T3>T4!!!!!

Hi David,
When is the official launch?

Back