Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Floor Mats and Side Steps

The T-ster

The T-ster

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hoping for some advice before a spend - for a cali ocean!

I want plain black or dark grey carpet matting, no logos etc on it, but want comfort, so a deep carpet that still presents no issue when sliding the seat forward etc.

Has anyone got the campervantastic mats throughout the front, middle and rear (2 rail)? What are they like - depth wise, comfort and do they stay in place or do you have to velcro down? Can't find the depth of these mats and when I asked - they didn't know as they were't in the shop to check as are closed currently.

Also has anyone bought from Bus Boxx in Germany (on eBay)? They have the same mats as such, are a bit dearer, and are 750g thickness.

Brandrup - don't seem to have black or a dark enough grey.

Want to get step mats and so far the only ones I can see without a logo on them are from QTM Direct2u. Anyone found any others that stay well fixed in place and clean easy?

Any words of wisdom?

I have just ordered some Brandrup mats for the front.
cost 119€, could've got some similar for half of that but
its the quality that i need.

Its a minefield out there with loads to choose from any many on
eBay claiming they are original Vw - meaning that they are for an original Vw.

I got the last black ones in stock at this time, at least the pic is black.
s-l500.jpg
They also have a set for a right hand drive but its listed as California Grey, here.

Ooh I thought they were dark grey as I had looked at them. I know - for the money for getting all 3 sections of matting - I don't want to get cheaper ones that will need replaced in a year of use (post lockdown that is!), but also the dear ones - are dear!!

I want plain black or dark grey carpet matting, no logos etc on it, but want comfort, so a deep carpet that still presents no issue when sliding the seat forward etc.

Has anyone got the campervantastic mats throughout the front, middle and rear (2 rail)? What are they like - depth wise, comfort and do they stay in place or do you have to velcro down? Can't find the depth of these mats and when I asked - they didn't know as they were't in the shop to check as are closed currently.

Also has anyone bought from Bus Boxx in Germany (on eBay)? They have the same mats as such, are a bit dearer, and are 750g thickness.

Want to get step mats and so far the only ones I can see without a logo on them are from QTM Direct2u. Anyone found any others that stay well fixed in place and clean easy?

Any words of wisdom?
We have the campervantastic california camping carpet mats in dark grey and they fit ok. Thickness wise they are not super deep pile probably about 8 to 10 mm thick. The only bit I had to add extra sticky velcro to was by the side door as we have a dog who catches the carpet as he gets in/out. The only negative I would say is the holes for the original push down fitting clips for the front mats do not match up 100% for the front, but still fit in place and it came with a removable stainless heel rest for the drivers front side which some people may not like.

20200118_121809.jpg

We have the campervantastic california camping carpet mats in dark grey and they fit ok. Thickness wise they are not super deep pile probably about 8 to 10 mm thick. The only bit I had to add extra sticky velcro to was by the side door as we have a dog who catches the carpet as he gets in/out. The only negative I would say is the holes for the original push down fitting clips for the front mats do not match up 100% for the front, but still fit in place and it came with a removable stainless heel rest for the drivers front side which some people may not like.

View attachment 57256

View attachment 57256
thanks for that. I think most are up to 1cm thick. Do they feel soft under foot or hard? Would love deep pile but i know that wont fit under sliding mid section. Do they keep clean easy?

thanks for that. I think most are up to 1cm thick. Do they feel soft under foot or hard? Would love deep pile but i know that wont fit under sliding mid section. Do they keep clean easy?
No probs, hope it helps! They are quite hard under foot and not soft, but hard wearing. We have a long haired dog which malts like mad and a once over with the Henry Hoover gets it and any grit/dirt out ok. We have the Bandrup light grey carpet for the boot area and that is slightly softer and lighter grey colour, but not as thick. The only reason we got it was because the California camping floor mats are usually made to order so may take a bit longer to get hold of. Overall for us they work well and don't show the dirt as much as the lighter original moon rock grey colour. They also have a seperate small mat for the bit in the middle of the front that is normally cut around with other front mats.

No probs, hope it helps! They are quite hard under foot and not soft, but hard wearing. We have a long haired dog which malts like mad and a once over with the Henry Hoover gets it and any grit/dirt out ok. We have the Bandrup light grey carpet for the boot area and that is slightly softer and lighter grey colour, but not as thick. The only reason we got it was because the California camping floor mats are usually made to order so may take a bit longer to get hold of. Overall for us they work well and don't show the dirt as much as the lighter original moon rock grey colour. They also have a seperate small mat for the bit in the middle of the front that is normally cut around with other front mats.
Ah thank you! I really want soft and easy to clean. I wonder if the other company which is also direct from Germany is the same company, although theirs dont have the metal bit for the feet. Yeah i want the mat for the middle bit which is why im debating these ones as brandru dont do that. I also dont want white logos anywhere as they will get dirty! Like on the vw site mats. Thank you!

We have the thin office carpet style mats and still have problems with the drawers pushing through the back panels when we slide the seat forwards (Beach 3 seater), bloody annoying but the floors cold under bear foot in the milder weather so we persevere.

They have a rubbery underside that stops them moving around and I opted to use carpet tape instead of Velcro for the step areas.

Can’t remember the brand, they sold them in the club shop and on eBay. I’m sure someone will remind me.

F7EE76DA-C0EC-456A-BFEC-11E536C75D21.jpeg
6EA20CF2-87A0-48D1-9178-E19DC7907338.jpeg

We went for the rubber mats in the front and a marvel mat from Dunelm for the back.
771075BE-DF34-4144-9AB3-FFA74820EAD6.png

We just roll it out of the way when we want to move the bench seat or open the drawer.

Any words of wisdom?
I got the brandrup in grey. Nice fit but next time would get black as the grey shows all the dirt

Does your (anyone) mat in the main compartment allow the bench to slide well? And does it allow the drawer under the bench to open and close without problems? I have a mat that needs to be rolled up anytime I want to move the couch. This is of course, not ideal. So I am pondering buying one with cutouts for the sliding rails. Just wondering if the drawer goes over it well.

We have the floor mats for the main living area with the 3 cut outs for the sliding rails and have no problems either opening the drawer under the bench seat or sliding the seat forward.
I have read on this forum that apparently the floor mats with just the two cut outs will still let you slide the bench seat and open the bench seat drawer, but you need to pull the floor mat under the drawer roller from the boot and it would also have a bump where the mat would sit over the middle sliding rail.

@CaliBear is that an original VW mat or Brandrup or another brand? My van has only 2 sliding rails anyways, so the one with the 2 cutouts would do well.

We have the California camping ones from the UK shop Campervantastic, although I think they are from Germany. The bandrup ones are also available with two or three cut outs for the sliding seat rails.

I have just ordered some Brandrup mats for the front.
cost 119€, could've got some similar for half of that but
its the quality that i need.

Its a minefield out there with loads to choose from any many on
eBay claiming they are original Vw - meaning that they are for an original Vw.

I got the last black ones in stock at this time, at least the pic is black.
View attachment 57180
They also have a set for a right hand drive but its listed as California Grey, here.
I received this brandrup carpet the other day.
The one in the picture has the left hand foot rest and mine hasn't also
the pile of the carpet looks a bit thicker on the pic than the on i have, although
that is difficult to tell.

Mine came folded in a box, as they would, but ive had it laid out in the house for a
few days in the hope that it would lay flat.
Anyway, it doesn't lay flat. Its like it has a hardboard core, it just won't relax.
IMG_8490.JPGIMG_8491.JPG
I might have to wet it.

I received this brandrup carpet the other day.
The one in the picture has the left hand foot rest and mine hasn't also
the pile of the carpet looks a bit thicker on the pic than the on i have, although
that is difficult to tell.

Mine came folded in a box, as they would, but ive had it laid out in the house for a
few days in the hope that it would lay flat.
Anyway, it doesn't lay flat. Its like it has a hardboard core, it just won't relax.
View attachment 58158View attachment 58159
I might have to wet it.
Goodness, for such expensive mats, you would not expect that to happen. Are you happy with them? Are they soft underfoot and do you think easy to keep clean?

Has anyone bought the mat set for inside the van from Bus Boxx in Germany (on eBay)?

Goodness, for such expensive mats, you would not expect that to happen. Are you happy with them? Are they soft underfoot and do you think easy to keep clean?
Yes im kind of happy with them, the pile is tightly woven and
they do feel like they will last ages.
Once the 2 bumps have flattened they'll be good, like the other
brandrup stuff that I've bought.

Yes im kind of happy with them, the pile is tightly woven and
they do feel like they will last ages.
Once the 2 bumps have flattened they'll be good, like the other
brandrup stuff that I've bought.
Durability is great then. Are they velvety soft underfoot and
These might interest you.
Thanks, though I definitely want a dark colour, despite the price being good!

Durability is great then. Are they velvety soft underfoot and

Thanks, though I definitely want a dark colour, despite the price being good!
They are velvety to feel, ive always had my shoes on so can't comment
about under foot feel. :)

If i had gone for a cheaper option then i might have been kicking
myself.

That's what I don't want to do is make a mistake and get lesser quality and durability. But they are about twice the price and sadly mostly out of stock at present. Others definitely seem happy with the CampervanBits ones and the campervantastic ones. Decisions decisions!

I got the mats, but I'm struggling to get the mat under the seat - any tips? I have the 3 rails, but got the 2 rail mat as don't use the middle rail. How the heck do you get at it to pull it from the back and under the seat though!