Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Forum Bug Reports and Discussion

I am liking the new set up, it must have been and still being hard work, but whats the difference between "Recent Posts" and "New Posts"
You have to look in both sections to see everything that has been posted or is it me:sorry

This has only come up in Recent and not New Posts.

New Posts = This used to be called 'unread posts' ( so each time you login click on this and you will always be reading new content)

Recent Posts = Recent forums posts including ones you have already read

I think I am correct ! Still learning myself

the recent posts are the same as the active topics on the old forum

Cheers for that, keep up the good work.:)

Hi

Really like
- the "edit post" option (for correcting all those after-the-fact spelling errors)
- email notifications for tracking posts
- rich-text edit controls (for stuff like indenting)
- the "New Posts" in the banner is easy to see​

A rare "IT upgrade" that adds value - well done all!

Mark

Question: where do i find " edit post".....?
Or does it not exist anymore on the new forum?
As i'm not Englisch , do write a handfull spelling faults , i would like to correct them aftherwarts....
Sure the are some in this post:D , don't think that last word is correct?
Sorry guys!

Martin , it only says " report"
I knew i was missing out on something:)

That is all you should see :thumb
Ok , becouse in the example you showed it also says : delete , ip and warn...
Thankx anyway now i can "edit".....

....euhm , question ...

I usally check the forum directly thru the link : recent posts
It would be nice info if you could also see at that page at the bottom : members online ...like on the startpage of the forum
One can see directly who's online and wait ( hopefully) at a reply....:thumb
Anyone else who would find this info interesting ? Maybe we can put some pressure on the admins:Grin to ad this useful info
If no can do , i probaly get over it doh!;)

....euhm , question ...

I usally check the forum directly thru the link : recent posts
It would be nice info if you could also see at that page at the bottom : members online ...like on the startpage of the forum
One can see directly who's online and wait ( hopefully) at a reply....:thumb
Anyone else who would find this info interesting ? Maybe we can put some pressure on the admins:Grin to ad this useful info
If no can do , i probaly get over it doh!;)

Are you using a mobile to view the site ? Recent posts is in the navigation next to "new posts" , unless you are on mobile then the space runs out to have so many navigational links .

Not a bug, but I'm not sure how useful the new link feature is, the one that changes links like this

vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-california-roof-bellows-bungee

into

VW California Bellows Bungee - VW California Club

Personally I think this could cloak bad url's or whatever, you have no idea what you're clicking on.

New T6 California Released!

This is a modification as it helps with internal linking structure, but i can see your point of view. If @Martin or @Calikev would like this disabled i can do so :)

Recent posts and new posts...been there done that.
What i meant was seeing who's online at the moment , this only shows at the main page in forums , no?
Don't know about others but i nearly visit that page at all , i go direct to the recent page to check the last since i visited , maybe it can be very informative to add " who' s online" in that page...
O..., at home visits go via Ipad , other visits go thru Iphone.

Hi Wim, I think I know what you mean, on the old forum it would show who was viewing the forum page that you were on?

Like this;

usersonline.png

Indeed something like that , am i the only missing it , like that "edit" thing yesterday?

Indeed something like that , am i the only missing it , like that "edit" thing yesterday?

No, :D That feature is not showing for anyone as it is not part of this software, there may be an add on so I will put this on the list.

Also if there are any other features anyone else would like to see on here just let us know

Ok , thankx for the info :thumb

Hi!

Like Hotel California previously, I no longer have "Edit post" available.
Just "Report".
I am logged in OK.
Seems to apply to all my old posts (well, all those I tried...).

Thanks for any help!

Found the problem, it was to do with the Euro VIP setting, should be all OK now. Any other Euro VIP's with this problem please let me know

Yes, that's OK now.

Thanks for the rapid service!

Some time back, I asked whether non-square Avatar images could be shrunk to fit rather than cropped to fit the available (square) space.
That seemed to be a very unpopular request, so I am hesitating to come back again with something similar...

Could non-square items in the Media thumbnails pages be shrunk to fit rather than cropped to fit?
Most photographs are quite a lot wider than high.
When cropped to fit in the square Media preview, a very significant part of the picture can be invisible & the cropped image can look uninteresting or odd.

By "shrink to fit" I do not mean "deform to fit".
I mean keep proportions, make the long side fit the frame & allow the short side to be smaller.
Like nearly all image viewers do.
This may not look as "neat & tidy" but for me it would be more useful.

Of course I know that if I click on an image, I will see it in full, but if the thumbnail is not attractive I may never get that far!

Thanks! (& sorry if the request upsets anybody)