Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front Assist question

Kemper-van

Kemper-van

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hello All,
I have a question on Front Assist. It recently displayed the big red pre-warning on the dash while driving on a mountain road. Nothing out of the ordinary, disappeared after a few secconds, as has happened before.

However, since then, when switching the ignition on, the dash now first displays the following symbol until we drive a short distance (see picture). According to the manual, it means the system is not yet ready.
ABEF087E-1BC3-4FDD-A187-A192D72E6E95.jpeg

I don’t remember my T6.1 Beach did this in the past. In my memory, the system was ready immediately, and displayed the outside temp in this location

So my question is: do you get this symbol on your dash when switching on the ignition or not? Should I have VW take a look? While driving, everything seems to be functioning OK.

Thanks in advance!

I occasionally get this, but disappears after a while.

On start up I assume it's just because the system is still booting up / configuring (obviously in too much of a rush to go!)

The few times I've seen it when driving I've put it down to the conditions being such that the system couldn't work (eg. bad weather)

Just opinion based on my characteristics at the time (I may be totally wrong)

Hello All,
I have a question on Front Assist. It recently displayed the big red pre-warning on the dash while driving on a mountain road. Nothing out of the ordinary, disappeared after a few secconds, as has happened before.

However, since then, when switching the ignition on, the dash now first displays the following symbol until we drive a short distance (see picture). According to the manual, it means the system is not yet ready.
View attachment 99593

I don’t remember my T6.1 Beach did this in the past. In my memory, the system was ready immediately, and displayed the outside temp in this location

So my question is: do you get this symbol on your dash when switching on the ignition or not? Should I have VW take a look? While driving, everything seems to be functioning OK.

Thanks in advance!
I found this in the owners manual for you....
20220920_131044.jpg

Indeed, that is what I also found, but Since a few days this indicator lights up, where this was not the case in the past. So just wondering if anyone else has noticed this indicator appearing?

Indeed, that is what I also found, but Since a few days this indicator lights up, where this was not the case in the past. So just wondering if anyone else has noticed this indicator appearing?
In my experience, it is normal behaviour when you start the van. Is it happening at other times? Is it possible that you just hadn't noticed before?

In my experience, it is normal behaviour when you start the van. Is it happening at other times? Is it possible that you just hadn't noticed before?
Possible, therefore i just wanted to check if i had missed anything.

Thanks for your input.

Back