Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gap behind passenger seat.

snowy55

snowy55

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
What do other people put in the space behind the passenger seat?

We have a 6 compartment bottle carrier bag with bottled water, a bottle of tap water and various other liquids the white wine goes in the fridge. The bag stops them from falling over.

20160123_120403_zpsg7p9ph2k.jpg

20160123_120607_zpsz8parf4o.jpg

I find a pack of 6 1.5L mineral water bottles fits neatly in that space. For those shopping at Sainsbury's for Caledonian 2L bottles, or alternative 2L bottles elsewhere, they don't fit...

So it is my Highland spring corner, a slab of 6 1.5L bottles with another slab of 12 0.5L bottles on top.

Mine changes
I have put two stick on hooks, so a towel and dishcloth are there
I hang a raincoat on the hook, that hangs down to the floor
In winter on hook up, a little fan heaterimage.jpeg
I have a little bin that just fits in nicely, and is convenient for chucking things in when cooking .
It such a great little space.
My beer I keep in the fridge
And red wine I put by the heater outlet so it gets to a nice temperature

Rubbish bin from Tesco. Disposable Dehumidifier. On the kitchen unit side 2 x 3 12v sockets with chargers for phones, iPad, Kindle and iBoost WiFi.

Sainsbury bag for life with perishable veg, fruit, cakes, crisps and bread.
Big bottle of water and pop tucked down the back.
Pair of walking shoes at night.

Last edited:
Sainsbury bag for life with perishable veg, fruit, cakes, crisps and bread.
Big bottle of water and pop tucked down the back.

If I had known that you were dedicated to Sainsbury's bag for life then I would have offered to let you have the 49 in my collection :sad

I never seem to have one in the car when I go to Sainsbury's :(

I'm shocked at how little you guys manage to get behind there.

We stow our dual voltage coolbox behind the passenger seat. It's a perfect fit. :bananadance

If I had known that you were dedicated to Sainsbury's bag for life then I would have offered to let you have the 49 in my collection :sad

I never seem to have one in the car when I go to Sainsbury's :(
They work best when you store them in the car!

Start off with saying , that it is my DRIVERSseat.....
Got Brandrupp bags on the side of the kitchen unit and usualy botlle water and drinkingbowl for dog , towl to dry dog , dog leash on the floor behind the seat
Mmm looks like the dogsection that part:cool:

Mine changes
In winter on hook up, a little fan heaterView attachment 11599
I have a little bin that just fits in nicely, and is convenient for chucking things in when cooking .
Hi - where did you get the step mat from ?. do they do a mat for the front steps too. thanks

Hi - where did you get the step mat from ?. do they do a mat for the front steps too. thanks
I had them for the front, from another manufacturer, held on with double sided tape. Lost one within a week from passenger side and the other side trapped a lot of grit under it. Only have the sliding door one now, but it is a daily driver.

And the mats I have in the front and half the back were from simply car mats
I bought the thin ones, so the drawer opens over the top of them

Thanks guys there is another thread just started on this point - am surprised no-one has come up with a workable solution. Keep em peeled

I just have the QTM mats throughout. Any marks just brush out when dry. Washable mat goes outside sliding door when camping.

Mine changes
In winter on hook up, a little fan heaterView attachment 11599

Whats that on the base of the drivers seat?

Whats that on the base of the drivers seat?
It's a rechargeable torch, came with the van, it is really handy.
If you click it in situ, it is a little low level light, great for the nightly little trip, as it doesn't shine in the van and wake the misses.
And you can take it out and it is a magnetic torch, ....for nightly trip if you are in the woods,
Or
I have an awkward gate post to get around , and the parking sensors don't show the side of the van, so in the dark, I put it on the side of the van.
I wouldn't have paid 60 quid, but am happy I have it.....always ther when you need it
It can also be put in the glove box, which oddly doesn't have a light

That's where I keep my mallet.......! Along with my dog's whistle, that's my security!
(That is, I keep it UNDER the seat during the day and on the sink at night!)

Back