Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas connector?

Paul Onions

Paul Onions

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
image.jpeg Hi all,

I need your help and expertise again...

I have been trying to get the correct gas bottle for our new 2012 Cali but it has a connector I have never seen before. The local camping and caravan shop didn't know what to do and the local motor home place suggested we might need to change it? I have contacted the garage we bought from but thought you guys would be in the know... Picture above. Any help very welcome. We have blue camping gas bottles that look the same as this so it is like we have two female connectors?

See no pic's.
Edit ...see it now!
If your cali is from outside the UK , could be a diffrent one mounted .
Just go to a place where they sell CampingGaz , buy a botlle and a new safteyvalve and you are ready to go.
Those valves need to be changed every 4-5 years anyway ( so it says in the manual) on a second hand Cali better to take no risks.

http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/gas-bottle-in-new-t6-ocean.12610/#post-126060

Last edited:
there is a tap conector that should come with the Cali screws into GAZ bottle and what you have pictured screws into that tap

Thanks all. Will go back to garage we bought it from and get one from them then.

Gas connector arrived today and we are now fully functional; just need the airbag warning light fixed and we are off to the seaside next week. Hurrah.