VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
They are starting to appear:

z3-eventje-rijbereik.jpg

0-eventje-keuken-dak.jpg

Outbase-ID.Buzz-campervan-kamperen-1-1-scaled.jpg

Outbase-ID.Buzz-campervan-crashtest-body-RDW-scaled.jpg

Although most likely out of reach for us, I do find them interesting, so thanks for sharing. Kitchen and kitchen storage can be used both from the outside (good weather) and from te inside (bad weather).

Making the 'lounge' into a bed each day would be a chore that makes it undesireable to me personally.

New Wave Custom Conversions had a fair few Buzzs in doing development work on a conversion.

They do furniture for other (very well-known) companies too, as well as their own conversions.

Latest research shows it's about 30yds.
That's rubbish, off course.

Both vendors above quote about 250-300 km. Which is perhaps not as nice if you're dashing to the south of France (although: you would probably have to pause every 2-3 hours anyway, so why not load her up then?).

Anyone ever driven a T1 or T2 campervan? You would have to fill her up every 250-300 km's, which was about a day's drive as well! Not counting repairing the punctures etc. along the way. Those were the days! :cool:

We may just have to re-think what once was a nice campervan holiday. Not dashing 100's of km's and then stand on a hard standing pitch on some very expensive campsite in Italy for 3 weeks with our awnings and all, and then dash back. But rather leisurely cruising along winding back roads and see what we come across in terms of sights, nice coffee and lunch spots, etc. You wouldn't be doing more than 250-300 km a day. And that seems already very well possible with a nice ID.BUZZ camper.
Our € 0.02. We may move over to the dark side! ;)

Both vendors above quote about 250-300 km. Which is perhaps not as nice if you're dashing to the south of France (although: you would probably have to pause every 2-3 hours anyway, so why not load her up then?).

Anyone ever driven a T1 or T2 campervan? You would have to fill her up every 250-300 km's, which was about a day's drive as well! Not counting repairing the punctures etc. along the way. Those were the days! :cool:

We may just have to re-think what once was a nice campervan holiday. Not dashing 100's of km's and then stand on a hard standing pitch on some very expensive campsite in Italy for 3 weeks with our awnings and all, and then dash back. But rather leisurely cruising along winding back roads and see what we come across in terms of sights, nice coffee and lunch spots, etc. You wouldn't be doing more than 250-300 km a day. And that seems already very well possible with a nice ID.BUZZ camper.
Sounds good, good luck recharging " leisurely cruising along winding back roads" and in 8 - 10 years time your vehicle is worthless. But hey ho.

I really struggle with the thought of driving to a campsite and when you’re near to your destination you need to make a small diversion to charge her up and hanging around at a service station. It’s not for me right now. Maybe if I were not time poor or Maybe in the future when the hookup will also charge your car but that will require a re wire of all the campsites, a lot of copper and a few electrians.

in 8 - 10 years time your vehicle is worthless. But hey ho.
Don’t count on too much residual value of your diesel van in 8 - 10 years time either… ;)

It’s the wrong question, as far as we’re concerned. Our now 15 year old diesel T5 was a disaster, would we have looked at it as a financial investment. We never had a car that cost that much, but also never had a car we enjoyed that much!
Better enjoy it while you can, in a way that suits you! We still think we could enjoy an ID Buzz campervan, even if we had to recharge every 250 - 300 km.

I would say those numbers are highly ...... optimistic, especially fully loaded with leisure systems and general peripherals etc. A new 77kWh bog standard Buzz got 250km on a full charge without all the extra weight (albeit in the winter).

I would say those numbers are highly ...... optimistic, especially fully loaded with leisure systems and general peripherals etc. A new 77kWh bog standard Buzz got 250km on a full charge without all the extra weight (albeit in the winter).
It also depends on how fast you drive.

Saw this at the Arctic Circle Centre. Don't think it was a camper though.20240518_121146.jpg

A new 77kWh bog standard Buzz got 250km on a full charge without all the extra weight (albeit in the winter).
The weight is an important factor. We see many (including ourselves at the outset of our ‘campervan life’) dragging along far more ‘stuff‘ than ever really needed.

Don’t count on too much residual value of your diesel van in 8 - 10 years time either… ;)

It’s the wrong question, as far as we’re concerned. Our now 15 year old diesel T5 was a disaster, would we have looked at it as a financial investment. We never had a car that cost that much, but also never had a car we enjoyed that much!
Better enjoy it while you can, in a way that suits you! We still think we could enjoy an ID Buzz campervan, even if we had to recharge every 250 - 300 km.
Not an issue for me, probably won’t be here in 15yrs def. Won’t be driving.

I really struggle with the thought of driving to a campsite and when you’re near to your destination you need to make a small diversion to charge her up and hanging around at a service station. It’s not for me right now. Maybe if I were not time poor or Maybe in the future when the hookup will also charge your car but that will require a re wire of all the campsites, a lot of copper and a few electrians.
I was pleasantly surprised recently travelling the North coast of Scotland to chat with a guy who was going around the NC500 car camping in a LEAF. car camping is not my thing but he had lots of places for charging and seemed to be having a great holiday

Back