Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CampervanBits Internal topper

Any more comments on how well it folds in with the main bellows now people may have used them a couple of times

Any more comments on how well it folds in with the main bellows now people may have used them a couple of times
Not a problem really, but you need to tuck it in neatly when closing the sliding blind at the end as there is more material to fit in.

Our van is 61 plate with prefolded stifeners in bellows, no problem with folding down just always do the patient drop 3 inch, walkround and tuck corners then drop 3 inch, walkround and tuck corners etc. Not using bungee as this would just add further 2 or 3mm to fold into the materials and put more sleep lines in the roof liner.

As motacyclist wrote, just be neat with how the materials fold above the sliding blind, our soft new cosy seems to naturally lay and follow the heavier bellows anyway.

By the way, slider panel hasnt rattled or opened itself yet either! Bonus again!

Hi is the Cali Cozi available now for the SE? If not when? I did try to order a brand up isotop from SMG tonbridge last week and they said it is currently not available from Brandup? From the reviews the Cali Cozi looks a better and slightly cheaper option. When we hired an SE for the weekend my daughter in the roof slept touching up the side with on a windy raining night and got a bit wet. Like you would in an old canvas tent if you touch the sides.

I did try to order a brand up isotop from SMG tonbridge last week and they said it is currently not available from Brandup?
Looks like us lucky few who've been able to get a Cali Cozy have got a good investment :D

Second the above, if local then better to talk to Nick in person. Dont worry phillipgg, we did same thing on our maiden camper trip when I slept 'upstairs' with my 2 year old at the time......downpour and damp sleeping bags as result etc. Big dream shatterer after dreaming of a owning a camper since teen years of owning several (real) beetles. Why dont vw use goretex instead of cheap thin canvas on the roof of a £50k+ van?

Nick restored my child hood dreams of over 20 years ago, now we have a true all season campervan, no damp, no cold, no breezy roof etc.

Frank & family

Second the above, if local then better to talk to Nick in person. Dont worry phillipgg, we did same thing on our maiden camper trip when I slept 'upstairs' with my 2 year old at the time......downpour and damp sleeping bags as result etc. Big dream shatterer after dreaming of a owning a camper since teen years of owning several (real) beetles. Why dont vw use goretex instead of cheap thin canvas on the roof of a £50k+ van?

Nick restored my child hood dreams of over 20 years ago, now we have a true all season campervan, no damp, no cold, no breezy roof etc.

Frank & family
Thanks guys. I will contact Nick after the Easter break.

We suffered a fair bit of rain blowing in horizontaly through the vents in the canvas last weekend. With the internal cozi I would be slightly concerned that we wouldn't notice it & the first we would know is it pooling until it started dripping downstairs. Is the cozi fixed at the bottom edges?

Only if you spend an hour meticulously sticking velcro around every edge. Been away this weekend and no moisture on beddin, really cosy. Just remember to let canvas roof dry out next opportunity unless using an external topper too.

Have now spent a few summer days with this and thought it worth making a few observations.

The days have been really sunny recently, but the nights can be quite cold.

The topper has evened out the temperature extremes, it has been nice and cool in the roof area in the mornings despite having been in direct sun from around 6am; while in the evenings it has retained the heat in the van.

It also blocks out the early morning sunlight so you don't wake up at 5.30am!

I think this is a worthwhile addition to your Cali as it can be used 365 days a year without any effort; whereas it is unlikely that you would fit the external version in the summer. So I would suggest this would be more useful overall than the external one; and if you want belt and braces you could always add the external one as well for your ski trips :)

Yip, again I totally agree with ya. Any one wanting to buy our black no windows topper as its now redundant after buying the internal version?

Are these Cali Cozy's now on sale for general availability? And if so, where and at which price?
I can't find them yet.

They will become available I spoke to nick about this Monday. We all know nick is a perfectionist he has made a few but he is still not 100% happy with it. He will wait until cotf is out of the way and things have calmed down then he will get back to work on it.

I was hoping to have one for this summer.. too bad.
Our children are too used to darkness in their sleeping rooms to be able to fall asleep early in the Cali on these long summer evenings where the sun rises so late. I was hoping the internal topper would make it darker upstairs. But I will wait for it.

Hi have i missed something?

Thought the point of the Topper was to stop the canvas from getting wet and not having to dry it out?

Like the idea of blocking out the sun but if it rains then canvas still gets wet you still need to dry it out... Topper does just that keeps canvas dry.

Shaun

Ps not having a pop just struggling to see how it's better than the topper.

We have found that the main advantage of the internal topper is that you can just leave it in place permanently. There's no faffing about putting it on when you get on site and then taking it off every time you go somewhere in the van. Yes the canvas does get wet but it doesn't matter as it dries really quickly and the mattress stays dry. I much prefer the internal topper over the external one.

We think the same as Jennydddd - if its wet enough to need an external topper you are going to get wet putting it on / taking it off, the internal one is just more convenient for us. Another big advantage of the internal one is that you can still open the windows in the roof and topper for extra ventilation if you need it or shut them all to keep it dark.

Were still interested in the internal topper for our Beach............We're off to Norway in 5 weeks time, it would be great if we could get one for then.

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping to look at this again shortly - sorry for the delay folks but with the summer season kicking in I haven't had the time to revisit.

The first batch was spot on, the second we had problems with so I've held off launching them at the moment.

We've not even looked at the beach yet for the Cozy, however a customer less than a mile away takes ownership of one in a few weeks time so hopefully they may help us out with the design.

Things are starting to quiet off a little now so I'm hoping to push this along shortly

Cheers,

Nick

Back