Cali now sold
That I have been moderated.

Goodbye all

Eh? What's going on??

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Jen... Going or just stopping as mod?

Just as Kernowlad reappears???

Please can we stop any acrimony.

I was tired last night, very tired, so blame me, no one else.

to avoid any damaging and misinformed speculation:

A few months ago a member left this forum amid rancour over a private message he had received. That member chose to take his grievance to another forum where individuals specifically and other members of this forum generally were maligned and insulted. For that reason he was banned.

A discussion recently took place on removing that ban. As I was at the centre of the dispute I removed myself from that discussion, providing only facts, not opinion. I did not wish for my own personal views, coloured as they were due to being at the centre of rancour, to influence what should be an impartial and objective discussion.

Now that those discussions are resolved I felt I could at last put my side of the story forward publicly as, being a moderator of this forum, from the moment that the dispute was made public I felt I had to remove myself from all discussion and action. My only action was to close the thread originally started by the member involved, that was attracting a lot of negative comment towards that member, a situation that I felt to be unfair as having left the forum that member could no longer reply to the negativity.

Removing myself meant not correcting uninformed and misinformed opinion in the following public discussions, misinformed opinions made publicly by other members about me personally and about moderation of this forum in general.

Last night I posted a message welcoming back that member who I know can contribute a lot to this forum. What happened is past. I also strove to put the record straight to heal any rift that may still be lurking.. (For example, I was not directly the author of the private message that was sent and caused so much disharmony, I was simply collating data and upon the press of a magic button a system generated response that I knew nothing about then sent a message winging it's way from the collator to the aggrieved party).

Subsequently, after posting, I failed to find any record of that post anywhere and probably erroneously felt it had been removed.

In the cold light of day I now realise how tired I was last night, exhausted would be a better word, and probably it's lying somewhere that my tired brain could not discern. Either way that was the stimulus behind my response, i.e. this thread, a judgement that I still hold that I can no longer be a member of this forum.

Last edited:
GJ...this is a great shame. I perceive that you have always acted honourably and given freely of your time to help this forum.

I read the disgusting comments KL posted on the other forum and can fully understand your feelings.

Please, no more acrimony.

It appears that what I thought was a public forum post last night was in fact a response to a private post. If that member wishes to make the private correspondence public then I respect that.

Equally I respect the decision taken by the other moderators of this forum to lift the ban and I welcome Matt back to the forum where I know he can contribute a lot.

For obvious reasons I cannot stay now but we all get past our sell by date anyway and I was probably past mine a few centuries ago :D:D

I will ask another moderator to close this thread as the issue is now resolved and there is no need for more acrimony to result.

Status
Not open for further replies.