Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mug suggestion

G

gatvol

We have tried a variety but finally settled on 2 green 0.35l Stanley eCycle mugs from go outdoors. Not for any Eco reason as the most Eco thing you can do is kill large numbers of humans then kill yourself, but these mugs work really well under California conditions.

The plastic is quite soft, so (unlike hard plastics or melamine) it is a low rattle risk when stored
They fit perfectly in the left hand dash cup holder. They also fit in the right one but feel a little tight
Removable lid, and comfortable to use with or without it (no threaded inside to annoy you)
A degree of insulation
Easy to clean, dishwasher safe when you get home
0.35 litres is a good sized cup, but not so large it eats into your storage space
£7.20 each after the 10 per cent discount

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/stanley-ecycle-mug-p263460

Nice - but can it beat a VW Commercial Vehicles blue insulated mug! :D

Not my pic but like this one...

VW Mug (2).png

Ah, one of my favourite topics.
Whilst we have have got men on the moon, making a decent travel mug seems to be beyond us.
I've tried loads and am yet to find one that doesn't do at least one of the following :
Leak, fall apart in use, fall apart in the dishwasher, taint the taste.
My biggest gripe is tainting the taste (of tea in particular) so almost all with plastic interiors are ruled out. Apart from the ruining the taste, I worry some nasty chemicals are crossing into my brew.

The best I've found are the Thermos branded ones available at Tesco. 2 shapes, I prefer the taller of the two. The have stainless steel interiors and 'lip', but the handles come loose after a while, and the plastic exterior is rather brittle if dropped. The seals (lid to Cup and aperture in the lid) are ok if you keep it upright.

They are not dishwasher proof but mine go in on the top shelf anyway - dishwasher proof is probably not a 'camping' requirement, but I use them everyday when walking the dog.

We use vintage Gaydon Melmex that we used in our Split & bay window. Bloody dear stuff to get now esp the mugs!

After camping we clean them with Denture tablets, keeps them white inside and stops the plastic taste

Simple I use a china one, does not taint taste, fits in holders, no nasty chemicals .... etc

Same here, we also use china mugs as tea does not taste the same in the plastic ones.

Martin said:
Same here, we also use china mugs as tea does not taste the same in the plastic ones.
China for us to, also "glass" wine glass :D
Ron.

China (and glass Ron!) is good and I use china when stationary, but I think the OP was after something non-spill for walking or for use whilst driving?

Back