Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My first ever VW

andie

andie

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi all just thought I'd say hi and just about to take the plunge next week and go and order my first ever VW t6 California ocean in 4 motion now to say I'm jumping in at the deep end is a under statement as I have never owned a VW in my life never mind a camper van always been into my bushcraft, now I have a 10 year old boy and a 6 year old girl that are all ready but the Missis is yet to still be convinced of the investment as this will be our life savings going into this but I'm thinking of all the trips around the uk and going abroad

Hi there welcome you will love your new van. Getting outdoors is great

Welcome and well done. Not yet bought mine but not long now. You will get all your questions answered on here. Use the search function or Google will find issues covered on here as well.

Thank you ever so much can not wait and looking forward to the meets and also meeting and talking to new people on here and like what the California membership comes with I'll look into that abit more

That's nice to no there is so much to take in I personally thought I knew everything as this has been 15 years in the making to get to the point of ordering but it will be all worth it when delivery comes as I have never in my life ordered a new motor before so it's going to be a nice change

Hi Andie,
I got my first VW and first camper van last November, and haven't looked back. I am sure you will love it.
There is so much to learn, if you want to,. There are still plenty of threads on here I haven't even started to read. Things I didn't even know I had to worry about. And the luxury after the minimalism of camping.
Like coming back from a trip to France, with a fridge....you can fit KG s of cheese in it!

Like your style there cyclopath looking forward to mainly driving out to some nice woods or lakes and pitching up ow the freedom and also the added bonus if the Missis ever kicks me out I have somewhere to live aswel lol

As usual a welcome to a new member .
I never owend a VW until my 2012 SE came on the drive , also,waited/ saved money about 15 years...wish i could have done it earlyer in my life but now fully enjoy the Cali lifestyle .
Hoping to get out soon on the first outing of '16. Cali is still in his wintersleep.

Hi andi
Well done for making your decision on ordering your Cali next week,as the saying goes "you can't put time back"
It's almost 3 years since my purchase and I'm still thrilled as the 1st day I drove mine home from the dealers :)

Good luck
Alan

Welcome and well done. Not yet bought mine but not long now. You will get all your questions answered on here. Use the search function or Google will find issues covered on here as well.
We have the balloons bunting and streamers ready Mike

They could have called this thread Californians Anonymous - My names Tim and I havnt driven my california now for 24 hours - see i can leave it on the drive if i want to

I'm loving your enthusiasm, but can't help think it's a massive investment if you've not tried hiring one etc. You know your family obviously so are in a much better place to judge, but I would have thought a few weekend runs in a hired van may (i) confirm you are doing the right thing (ii) maybe get your Mrs on board, and (iii) help you work out what spec you want.

They hold their value brilliantly compared to any other vehicle, but selling a new one after 2 months is going to hurt most folk.

Just a thought.

Hi all just thought I'd say hi and just about to take the plunge next week and go and order my first ever VW t6 California ocean in 4 motion now to say I'm jumping in at the deep end is a under statement as I have never owned a VW in my life never mind a camper van always been into my bushcraft, now I have a 10 year old boy and a 6 year old girl that are all ready but the Missis is yet to still be convinced of the investment as this will be our life savings going into this but I'm thinking of all the trips around the uk and going abroad
Welcome Andy,
I am sure that you will all enjoy your new Cali as it's not just the vehicle (all of which are quite simply surperb regardless of which model you choose) but it's the spontaneity and freedom it gives you. Once fully provisioned it can just sit outside your house just waiting to take you anywhere on a mere wim. In my limited experience so far, children think that the Cali is just wonderful. Providing that your crew are well fueled, warm, comfortable and all get a good night's sleep (all of which the Cali caters for extremely well) then they are the perfect vehicles for exploration and adventure.
Having money in the savings bank earning next to b*gger all is all very well but I personally would much prefer to have it sitting out side my house waiting to wisk us off on another adventure.
Good luck with your adventures.

P.s l advise you to get the dealer to get a tracker fitted before you collect it.

I'm loving your enthusiasm, but can't help think it's a massive investment if you've not tried hiring one etc. You know your family obviously so are in a much better place to judge, but I would have thought a few weekend runs in a hired van may (i) confirm you are doing the right thing (ii) maybe get your Mrs on board, and (iii) help you work out what spec you want.

They hold their value brilliantly compared to any other vehicle, but selling a new one after 2 months is going to hurt most folk.

Just a thought.

I fully understand on what you are saying now the reason why I'm going for it is my Missis loves going away in a caravan and loves trailer tents which I hate so much because you are stuck in one place so personally I think it's just my Missis being a picky bitch and I'll be using it 70% of the time on my own for driving out to find the biggest hills in places like (Scotland/lakes etc) so I can go and climb and speedfly back down (similar to paragliding)

It's actually nice to feel welcomed so thanks Tuesday (ordering date) can not come round quick enough now just out of interest anybody else got the pearl black paint with black awning and rail

Welcome to the club and congratulations!
Maud

Like your style there cyclopath looking forward to mainly driving out to some nice woods or lakes and pitching up ow the freedom and also the added bonus if the Missis ever kicks me out I have somewhere to live aswel lol
Hello and welcome andie, you won't regret it I'm sure. Absolutely awesome bits of kit that hold their value really well!
I was wondering a few days ago if the male in a Cali owning family is still banished to the spare room/sofa or is it in the Cali on the drive? Only downside I could see is that all the neighbours would know you have had a barney.

I was wondering a few days ago if the male in a Cali owning family is still banished to the spare room/sofa or is it in the Cali on the drive?.

Or would he just drive off in the van and have a lovely peaceful time.... ;-)

Just go for it!

I've never hired one, my wife would still rather I hadn't bought one and I've worked out my spec from the forum and YouTube. I'm sure your wife will come around, just like I'm sure mine will. Mine didn't want the caravan when I bought it but she loves it now.

Sometimes you've just got to jump and enjoy whatever happens next! I can't wait for my Beach!

Just go for it!

I've never hired one, my wife would still rather I hadn't bought one and I've worked out my spec from the forum and YouTube. I'm sure your wife will come around, just like I'm sure mine will. Mine didn't want the caravan when I bought it but she loves it now.

Sometimes you've just got to jump and enjoy whatever happens next! I can't wait for my Beach!
That's exactly my thinking and if she still refuses to use it well then it's just more room for me and my 2 children lol