Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ooni (Pizza Oven)

Pegsinho

Pegsinho

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Just wondering if anyone has a gas powered Ooni pizza oven that they take out in the van? I have the smaller (12") one and wondering if there is a way to hook it up to the 907 cylinder? The normal gas I use is the Calor patio gas 7.5kg, but I don't really want to have to take that with me if I can get away with it. The instructions suggest I need a 37mbar regulator but I have absolutely no idea about regulators, except that the one in the van fits the 907, and the one on the pizza oven fits the Calor. I think also one is butane and the other is propane, not sure if that makes it a non starter...

Would be great if anyone can help, even if it's to say it can't be done. Can't find anything from searching the web.

Presumably:

https://uk.ooni.com/products/ooni-koda

My next door neighbor works for Ooni in their manufacturing setup.

I'd imagine a standard 30mbar regulator and butane would work fine if the weather was warm. As you can see Ooni themselves say a 1 lb propane cylinder with an appropriate regulator is compatible.

My experience, from my neighbor, is that these things are quite heavy on fuel.

Last edited:
Cadac do a pizza add-on for the Safari range. It probably wouln't be quite as good, but could it be good enough (and less hassle)?

I have a gas Ooni connected to a green patio gas bottle - shared with BBQ - but was completely bamboozled by the options & played safe. For us it's too big to take in the van & we quickly run out of worksurface / fridge / elbow room at home, let alone on the move, so it stays put.

Great product & a lot more fun (with better results) than I'd expected. Hope you get some on-topic replies, I'm interested :thumb