Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS 510 ENTERING DECIMAL CO-ORDINATES

Jubilado Tim

Jubilado Tim

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I cannot seem to be able to enter decimal co-ordinates into my RNS 510 system. Can anyone advise if there is a setting on the system too allow you to do this\/

I cannot seem to be able to enter decimal co-ordinates into my RNS 510 system. Can anyone advise if there is a setting on the system too allow you to do this\/
I'm not sure what you mean. There is no "setting" available or required.
Which GPS format are you using. The RNS510 uses the DMS format.

Degrees 000
Minutes 00
Seconds 00.0

Thanks Welsh Gas. As I understand it co-ordinates are also frequently expressed as decimals rather than the degrees minutes seconds you refer to. The France Passion book we frequently use on our French trips only expresses the coordinates in the decimal system.

Thanks Welsh Gas. As I understand it co-ordinates are also frequently expressed as decimals rather than the degrees minutes seconds you refer to. The France Passion book we frequently use on our French trips only expresses the coordinates in the decimal system.
Had this in Ireland ,found google helpful

Convert Decimal Seconds to Seconds by….

Say….385….times 60….equals….23.1’’