Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Show us your melamine sets?

W

WooburnCalifornia

Anyone know of any fun melamine dinner sets for the Cali?

All I can seem to find is very boring designs that are more suited to caravans, we are looking for something a bit more fun and colourful, will happily pay more?

Have a look at the Just Kampers range. I've got the mugs which are a good size and camper related design. Wish the top was level though as using a coffee drip can be awkward sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have Orla Kiely plates and bowls, not cheap but nice and bright and good quality.
Didn't Orla want them any more? :)
We bought these. They were also of good quality and expensive. The choice in the melamine crockery world appears to be either cheap very light weight poorly made rubbish or well made sets that cost a small fortune. The only reason I liked these is that the pattern and colours very nearly matches the wood effect inside our SE. They also have none slip rings on the underside of each item. Very practical.
image.png

image.png

Didn't Orla want them any more? :)
We bought these. They were also of good quality and expensive. The choice in the melamine crockery world appears to be either cheap very light weight poorly made rubbish or well made sets that cost a small fortune. The only reason I liked these is that the pattern and colours very nearly matches the wood effect inside our SE. They also have none slip rings on the underside of each item. Very practical.
View attachment 11260

View attachment 11261
Very nice. I like the colouring of the wood effect and I am impressed at the match.

Please don't buy Olpro melamine, the mugs crack and chip very easily.997866.jpeg

We now use vintage Rosti Mepal (Danish)melamine in retro yellow/orange etc. very well made and the old stuff is quite collectable.

We have these bought as seconds but great quality. They have a new version now at Campervantastic.
Square ones fit in the cupboard well. We use the big square bowls for pasta to avoid fall out20151229_143429.jpg

We have these bought as seconds but great quality. They have a new version now at ***************.
Square ones fit in the cupboard well. We use the big square bowls for pasta to avoid fall outView attachment 11267

They look great, does it say who the makes them? What is the brand?

They look great, does it say who the makes them? What is the brand?
It says justkampers on the back. We got them from a camper accessory place that is fantastic if you know what I mean!

We have these bought as seconds but great quality. They have a new version now at ***************.
Square ones fit in the cupboard well. We use the big square bowls for pasta to avoid fall outView attachment 11267
Very nice indeed and they are square so should be easy to stow. All you need now is some square food to eat. :)

Very nice indeed and they are square so should be easy to stow. All you need now is some square food to eat. :)
Just right for Scottish square sausage butties! :rolleyes:

Try the supermarkets in spring for picnic ware ....great designs and prices

We have the campervan one's mentioned earlier although these are now discontinued. I notice Emma Bridgewater now does posh melamine eg her spots design. Could be worth a look. I do admit to also having a china mug for my morning coffee! We have matching cutlery, tea towel, tray, glasses etc etc.(slightly OCD I know)

Back