Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sink cover detached

B

BigJohn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi all,

We finally picked up the new cali this week after 11 months on order! Unfortunate first 'real' post here though - after only a few demonstrations to friends & family this week, the glass sink cover has detached from the hinge - it's just fallen out, there doesn't seem to be any substantial glue on it, but a thin smear of sticky sealant. The cooker cover seems to be secure.

I've had a look through the forum and can't see any other reports of this - surely we're not the first? The dealer says he's never heard of it before!

We had on 1st van but out of warranty - I used some clear mastic bathroom type and it worked but if I was in warranty would have left for dealer to fix. [NOTE I have a trusted dealer]

Quite common on older vehicles, repaired our fridge top that had the same issue last year, just a bead of clear silicone along the length of the hinge and give it 24 hours to fully go off. But I guess with a new vehicle it should go back in the dealer to sort it out. I actually removed the hinge from the fridge and did it on the work bench but in hindsight it could easily be done in situ.

1DE664CE-8D9B-4B51-9095-7F845F448377.jpeg

Back