Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Snow

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion

Well even 4Motion, snow tyres and chains ain't going to get us out of this.
Snowed solidly for three days now, cleared the van roof a day ago so this is one days worth.
Main access road up here to Cauterets now closed so may have to rebook the ferry as the gendarmerie not sure when it will open

You have a 4 wheel drive igloo there!

Reminds me of a group of friends on a ski holiday. Two of them spent a good hour digging the car out only to find when their friend , who was the driver, came out that he had moved their car round the corner under a leanto to avoid just that. No snow here in South Wales, of any significance. Definitely jealous. Have fun.

No snow here in South Wales, of any significance

Snow on the higher ground in North Wales. Not too bad where I took this photo yesterday, but the descent was interesting over a couple of inches of slush around some hairpins :eek:

IMG_8044.jpg

Beautiful photos - though I'm not sure I would like seeing that much snow on Ariadne's roof! Where in North Wales was your photo taken, Motorcyclist?

Maud

Up in the hills a few miles west of Oswestry

Colin

Well I finally escaped. Jean Bernard the farmer turned up with his monster digger and cleared the lane down to the road and the gendarmes had set up a convoy system down the mountain. Big avalanche risk which they had been blasting all day partly explained why the road was closed earlier. The van's a shambles inside as I just threw everything in and shut up the house as more snow forecast tonight and tomorrow.
Now ensconced in a lovely hotel in Hondaribbia on the Basque coast.
Must say I very impressed with the 4Motion, just barged on through where lots of others were sliding around. Wouldn't be without it.

Wow - you look like you've been busy there mate! :Nailbiting

The igloo quote made me chuckle lol! :)

Back