Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sports Styling Pack

Don't know about " Gangster look " more like " Funeral Director " . Our local Funeral Director has 2 black Transporter Shuttles with dark tints , one with seats in the back and one without but with a raised plinth.
With regards the Heated Windscreen, why just clear the windscreen when firing up the Diesel Parking Heater via the remote from inside your house, 30 minutes or so before driving off, will defrost ALL windows and warm up the vehicle for you.
With heated windscreen =
a. You can’t switch it on until you get in the vehicle.
b. All the other windows are still covered in frost.
c. The vehicle is not warmed up.

Does the sport pack automatically come with the heated windscreen? I specced the Sports Pack and don’t think it has it. How can I check?

Does the sport pack automatically come with the heated windscreen? I specced the Sports Pack and don’t think it has it. How can I check?
Today’s version of the configurator won’t let you spec the sports pack without the acoustic pack which includes the heated screen. It adds it without changing the cost.

It’s quite confusing but I got confirmation from the supplying dealer that it did as part of the acoustic pack, and the California has arrived with it. Hope this helps .

I absolutely would go for the Sports Pack if you can stretch to it. Well worth the extra with what you get (wheels alone are worth £1,500 minimum) and it looks great. Wish I could have stretched to it. I’m currently trying to retrofit various bits to get the look. It won’t be that much cheaper and still won’t have things like smoked rear lights, darker tints, heated windscreen etc. absolute no brainer IMHO. Especially in Ascot Grey or Fortana Red.

I didn't go for the sport pack as had my own plans for the front, sides, tints and 20" wheels, what I did want though was the rear bumper trim and have been quoted £600 supply only from VW, which is a little steep, have you looked at this at all and had any quotes?

I’d prefer a gloss black one but they only do this, satin silver or textured black.

The darker tint concerns me a bit. Kind of gangster.
My MY 22 didn’t include a darker tint. The confuserator includes things that are standard on an Ocean. Might have changed now, as eg mine didn’t get a heated windscreen either. It does have the laminated cab glass though, which I think does make a difference to noise levels at speed, and perhaps has better insulation properties?
You also get the black painted wing mirrors.
The undertray is subtle but does look more noticeable in reality than photos, esp on light vans (silver looks great as well as Ascot Grey), along with the tinted rear lenses. It seems to slim the profile of the van, reducing its boxiness.
LV Insurance were only interested in the total cost of the van, and that the van wasn’t modified. Factory extras didn’t of themselves affect the premium.
I’m really pleased I went for the sports pack. Good value I think compared to eg two tone, and looks cleaner and simpler, to my eye. I got £500 of free dealer fit options from VW, which paid for a body coloured rear spoiler (and cab wind deflectors) which finishes the rear off nicely I think.

Last edited:
From looking at the van, how can I tell if I have a heated windscreen? I assume there is a button somewhere to activate? I also didn’t think the windows were as tinted as I had expected. I’m now wondering whether options have been missed off which were part of the Sports Styling pack I ordered.

From looking at the van, how can I tell if I have a heated windscreen? I assume there is a button somewhere to activate? I also didn’t think the windows were as tinted as I had expected. I’m now wondering whether options have been missed off which were part of the Sports Styling pack I ordered.
Button is on the dash just to the left of the steering wheel & right of the heating controls.

If you look very closely at the windscreen, you’ll see fine heating elements embedded in the glass.

Yes, there's a button on the dash for the heated windscreen.
1702919683532.png
The tint isn't that dark as standard. I know some tint theirs further, but for me the factory Ocean tint is perfect. Enough to make it difficult to see in, but not so much that its dark inside.

The OEM privacy glass option suits me well too. It was standard with the Edition Pack. Just dark enough to discourage prying eyes but does not obscure the view out.

Just checked and it looks like it’s missing the heated windscreen, as I only have the WiFi button. Did anyone else have a build date around week 42 and have the heated windscreen or not?

IMG_5993.jpeg

Just checked and it looks like it’s missing the heated windscreen, as I only have the WiFi button. Did anyone else have a build date around week 42 and have the heated windscreen or not?

View attachment 117472
Ordered late August, collected end September, we got the heated screen as part of the sports pack.

Ours was in build mid to late October, and we have the heated screen with the sport pack.

Ours was in build mid to late October, and we have the heated screen with the sport pack.
I picked mine up on the 28th September,ocean with sports pack,haven’t got heated screen or Wi-Fi button but it was ordered October 22

I picked mine up on the 28th September,ocean with sports pack,haven’t got heated screen or Wi-Fi button but it was ordered October 22
Did you get the Laminated side windows?

How would they identify if they have the front laminated side windows? Is there some specific markings etched on the glass?
If you open the window & look or feel the top of the glass it should be obvious that there are two separate layers with a joint between them.

Back