Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stolen VW California 4Motion

Have you put it on Facebook as that can get the info circulated rapidly.
Quite often stolen vehicles are parked up locally (3>5miles) for a few days to see if it has a Tracker.

Have you put it on Facebook as that can get the info circulated rapidly.
Quite often stolen vehicles are parked up locally (3>5miles) for a few days to see if it has a Tracker.
I’ve put posts on Facebook. It’s been shared a few times but thanks for suggestion

Gutted for you
I bet your devastated and coming into the house makes things a hell of a lot worse

Yes they were

Gutted for you.
CCTV and Auto capture of reg no is your best bet.
You need to be pressing the police to treat this as organised high value theft which I suspect you already have them doing.

You are probably aware but due to the security this is the favourite way for nicking high value vehicles.

Mike

Gutted for you.
CCTV and Auto capture of reg no is your best bet.
You need to be pressing the police to treat this as organised high value theft which I suspect you already have them doing.

You are probably aware but due to the security this is the favourite way for nicking high value vehicles.

Mike
Police already on to it. Not just us targeted in our village.

I guess there was no tracker on it? Although they aren't hard to find for an organised thief always worth getting one in my opinion.

Very sad news and really gutted for you.

We have vans stolen on a regular basis. Its important to spend all week scouring the streets around where you live, 2-3 mile diameter. They will abandon it for 24-48 hours to make sure it is not trackered. If they see it still in same place after a couple of days they will then take it and it will be gone forever.
The police will say it was not stolen, it was given away because you did not secure the keys.

Very good advice Nick, However, if the keys were stolen during a burglary of the house the vehicle will have been stolen as part of the original offence !

I agree. It’s stolen, end of.

For anyone new on here it’s been discussed at length.

Cali’s are difficult to steal but not impossible.

Certainly the ones I know about have gone from driveways after nicking the keys from the house. Hide the keys.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Certainly the ones I know about have gone from driveways after nicking the keys from the house. Hide the keys.

Mike

A nice product would be a fake key to hang by the front door. As soon as the fob is pressed the vehicle alarm sounds.

I wonder if I could get a slot on Dragon's Den to bid for £10,000,000 for a 0.1% stake in my idea?

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Swines. I park my 4motion blocked by other vehicles, most of the time, because of this. Thanks for sharing your experience...we will look out for it. Black Cali 4motions should be extremely rare dvla could sort it out this stuff out easily if they had the will. Good luck. If I see one I’ll take a photo of it and post it for you.

Swines. I park my 4motion blocked by other vehicles, most of the time, because of this. Thanks for sharing your experience...we will look out for it. Black Cali 4motions should be extremely rare dvla could sort it out this stuff out easily if they had the will. Good luck. If I see one I’ll take a photo of it and post it for you.
Very good advice Nick, However, if the keys were stolen during a burglary of the house the vehicle will have been stolen as part of the original offence !

I have great sympathy for Martin and hope he gets his cali back. When we had our vans stolen the thieves stole our safe and within the safe were all the keys to our vans. It was a heart breaking situation, 15 vans were stolen, and I thought I would have a heart attack with the stress. All vehicles had trackers in them. All trackers were ripped out.Trackers are useless as they are a transmitter and they can trace them PLUS they know they are always under the dash. What helped me was sheer determination. I knew the police were useless and didn't care so I, and 7-8 people scoured all the streets around were the trackers were found, and sure enough we got back all the vans except two, which are still missing after 12 months. I was out all night until 4.00-5.00 am every night and myself and the others recovered them. Abandoned on housing estates, waiting to see if we found them. One had false plates on and a neighbour rang me to ask me to please move the van with "Easirent" on it as it had been outside her house for a week !! One was recovered within an hour after posting on facebook. I offered a reward and facebook was like magic. The police recovered 0, I recovered 13, still 2 missing.
Your black cali is an unusual colour so the more publicity the better, newspapers, facebook, twitter, offer reward. Also get out on the streets and find it. It will be close by, parked on a housing estate in Chorley.

Sorry to hear of your bad luck Martin.
I hope (so long as there was nothing too valuable to you in there) that you don't see it again and your insurance company fully compensate to your liking.
Thieving scum get off too lightly when they are caught. I gladly chop off their hands and revel while they plead that they wont do it again.

Mike

I guess the risk with hiding the keys is that the scum then use physical violence against you and your family to get the keys.

I guess the risk with hiding the keys is that the scum then use physical violence against you and your family to get the keys.
Thus a decoy key that trips the vehicle alarm. It would take a brave crook who would rummage through a house or rip off a householder's fingernails to find the real key with a vehicle alarm sounding on the drive outside.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Back