Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 with Alpine Halo 905 retaining all features

I haven’t taken delivery of my T6.1 yet and haven’t heard the factory sound system yet. I have a set of Rainbow components that I bought years ago to go in another install and wondered if I could use them in the T6.1. What would be a good starting setup to upgrade the factory audio? I wouldn’t be looking to change head units or fit subs but installing a small amp could lift the sound but where would you fit it? I don’t even know which speakers I have but remember them being a slim speaker. They’re buried in the loft!

I haven’t taken delivery of my T6.1 yet and haven’t heard the factory sound system yet. I have a set of Rainbow components that I bought years ago to go in another install and wondered if I could use them in the T6.1. What would be a good starting setup to upgrade the factory audio? I wouldn’t be looking to change head units or fit subs but installing a small amp could lift the sound but where would you fit it? I don’t even know which speakers I have but remember them being a slim speaker. They’re buried in the loft!

Did you buy the rainbow components for the T5.1 or T6?

The 5.1 will have a mid bass speaker in the dash so won’t fit the T6.1

The T6 speakers should fit.

They may not fit actually as I don’t think you can fit 8” speakers in the door with the T6.1.

Definitely worth giving Jason a ring at Absolut 5 (the OP) those guys know everything audio about transporters.

They used to recommend these for little amps

Worth checking in with Jason as they will sell you the right adaptors etc.

You can only install a 6.5” speaker in the doors,

dig the speakers out and post up a picture of them, if they are no good a good little upgrade will need amplifying,

we can supply a plug and play amp that sits behind the dash and a set of direct fit focal door and pillar speakers .
sound deadening of these doors are very important

welcome to pm , call us

few Head unit installs to show you what they look like in various Transporters
Alpine Halos installed into T6.1 retaining the Sos system, vehicle settings all done by the touch screen, and even the USB C sockets light up and charge etc
T6 showing retaining features like park pilot display, oe cameras and mounted so they are not perched on the dash but look like they should be there.
Last picture showing a 8021 Kenwood flushed into the dash with the best fitting facia trim and showing the climate display
We only use the best parts for the best integration in these vehicle’s when using the units from Alpine , Kenwood

Drop us a pm or call us on 01980 624740 for your requirements

Carpet/Vinyl lining
Audio installs, inc Suppliers of plug and play solutions
Webasto heaters
Full electrics, inc Solar and lithium
Lowering
Cruise control
VCDS coding
Windows supplied and installed
Westfalia Towbar installs
Kombi conversions
Home of the first custom underseat sub enclosures for T4/5/6/6.1

Www.Absolut5.co.uk
Unit 10/11 Millsway Centre
Amesbury
Wilts
SP4 7AU
01980 624740

IMG_7445.jpegIMG_7444.jpegIMG_7442.jpegIMG_7446.jpegIMG_7448.jpegIMG_7450.jpegIMG_7451.jpegIMG_7461.jpeg

few Head unit installs to show you what they look like in various Transporters
Alpine Halos installed into T6.1 retaining the Sos system, vehicle settings all done by the touch screen, and even the USB C sockets light up and charge etc
T6 showing retaining features like park pilot display, oe cameras and mounted so they are not perched on the dash but look like they should be there.
Last picture showing a 8021 Kenwood flushed into the dash with the best fitting facia trim and showing the climate display
We only use the best parts for the best integration in these vehicle’s when using the units from Alpine , Kenwood

Drop us a pm or call us on 01980 624740 for your requirements

Carpet/Vinyl lining
Audio installs, inc Suppliers of plug and play solutions
Webasto heaters
Full electrics, inc Solar and lithium
Lowering
Cruise control
VCDS coding
Windows supplied and installed
Westfalia Towbar installs
Kombi conversions
Home of the first custom underseat sub enclosures for T4/5/6/6.1

Www.Absolut5.co.uk
Unit 10/11 Millsway Centre
Amesbury
Wilts
SP4 7AU
01980 624740

View attachment 119122View attachment 119123View attachment 119124View attachment 119125View attachment 119126View attachment 119127View attachment 119128View attachment 119129
I'm very tempted by this as the radio in my T6 is ancient and doesn't have navigation.
However, the reviews on amazon say the screen resolution is very poor and the menu's nonsensical. Is there any truth to that or has there been an update recently?
Thanks

The Halo 905 has great screen quality, The Kenwood dmx9720xds is even better and more intuitive to use

Back