Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 review and T5/T6 comparision

Ewan

Ewan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I was loaned a new T6 Cali last weekend by Aston Leisure and thought my review might be of interest to anyone thinking about which model to buy.

https://wildaboutscotland.com/2016/04/09/t6-vw-california-review/

While there are very few changes in the camping equipment I thought the main difference is in the ride of the new T6, where the suspension makes it a smoother drive. The loan Cali was a 204 DSG Ocean with a variety of options.

I've included quite a few photos - just click to enlarge. What were the chances of having a Sand Beige and Mojave Beige side by side? (The Mojave is a very slightly darker shade).

Hi Ewan - good write up :thumb

I had a brief test drive in a 204 DSG Ocean a few months ago. By coincidence also the new beige, and was able to compare it to our sand beige - there is a write up and some pics on here somewhere. Edit: Here

Biggest impression on me was the power of the new engine, although ours in comparison was probably blunted by all the junk, water etc it was carrying, and also power loss through the 4Motion system. I did notice some wheel-spin in the 2wd one though.

I didn't notice any perceptible difference in the ride in my short drive. Maybe the weight ours was carrying cancelled out any differences.

Like you, I didn't feel compelled to upgrade for the small subjective differences. Maybe I'll just get an "OCEAN" transfer to stick on the side of ours :D

Colin

Hi Colin,

Thanks. Sorry, I didn't see your earlier post otherwise I would have added to that same thread.

I agree, the 204 does have quite a bit more power than the 180 (the loan Cali had a full water tank too). You have some good pictures of the front window blinds and cubby holes that I didn't take.

I see the Cali you drove had black B pillars and the one I drove didn't. There didn't seem to be an answer as to why this is the case on the other thread.

Hi Colin,

Thanks. Sorry, I didn't see your earlier post otherwise I would have added to that same thread.

I agree, the 204 does have quite a bit more power than the 180 (the loan Cali had a full water tank too). You have some good pictures of the front window blinds and cubby holes that I didn't take.

I see the Cali you drove had black B pillars and the one I drove didn't. There didn't seem to be an answer as to why this is the case on the other thread.
The chrome pack seems to add black b pillar as far as I've worked out. Is that right peeps?

Back