Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

Ours took three weeks to get from the UK port and to be ready at the dealer, for people collecting 1st March you will have delays as EVERYONE else will be wanting to pick up at the same time as you
Yes, book your handover slot now with the dealer or you might have to wait a few days.

It took 5 working days for my Cali to get from the dock on the continent to my dealer in uk. I had a call Friday to say that it had landed and was being booked in for its pdi. I'll collect during the first week of March.

It took 5 working days for my Cali to get from the dock on the continent to my dealer in uk. I had a call Friday to say that it had landed and was being booked in for its pdi. I'll collect during the first week of March.
Mine must have just missed that ship as its been sitting in Emden for a week :(. Hopefully it'll be on its way soon and will get to the dealer as quickly as yours. Easter is starting to look doubtful though.

Sounds like its not just us then, our T6 was bought on spec from VW 'available immediately' been at the Port and no updates for a three weeks now which is frustrating. The dealer has been great - we drove their brand new Demo home from London to North Scotland when ours never showed. Would like to see our own one soon though, not even bothered about a 16 plate but I guess thats the hold up ?

So when the build week is confirmed in dealers system within a month or so after the order, in most cases you can expect it not to be delayed for month or more, right?

Ordered my Ocean 204 DSG 4Motion on 8th Feb and just got a build week 15, which I think is w/c 11th April.

Good news if it stays close to that! :)

That's why asking, because I think I have week 14 ordering right at the end of Jan.
Initial estimate was around end of July.

Ordered my Ocean 204 DSG 4Motion on 8th Feb and just got a build week 15, which I think is w/c 11th April.

Good news if it stays close to that! :)
Is that a confirmed build date. We ordered our ocean 204 DSG 4 motion on Dec 16 and been given numerous dates, currently wk 14 was 17 but still not confirmed. So a will be onto our dealer again if you have have confirmed date when only ordering in feb16

Is that a confirmed build date. We ordered our ocean 204 DSG 4 motion on Dec 16 and been given numerous dates, currently wk 14 was 17 but still not confirmed. So a will be onto our dealer again if you have have confirmed date when only ordering in feb16
My understanding is that the dates will only go confirmed about 4 weeks before build. So if Week 14 then it should go confirmed in week 10 which will be next week or the week after I think.

Last edited:
likewise @Speleo62 we ordered 6th jan - so just the other side of a christmas break from you; and we have a provisional unconfirmed build week 14 for an ocean 204 DSG. This changed from wk12 to 14 a couple of weeks back. I am not chasing my dealer too much but hope to have a build date confirmed within the next 14 days or so; heres hoping anyway.

As everyone said, the initial date given is not a confirmed one and I realise that it can and is very likely to change as we get nearer to the time. Hoping it's pretty close though!

Mine was ordered 2nd Sept, built week commencing 11th January and arrived in UK port 27th January. Checked with the dealer this week (16th Feb) and they are still UNABLE to tell me when it will arrive with them. Due for collection 1st March, but again, dealer now saying they can't commit to that as they don't know when the van will arrive... So, if yours is on a similar timeline Dmailer you'll be looking at 1st April collection earliest...
I'll update the site as soon as I know it's arrived at dealer.

Follow up - just had an email from dealer that they 'hope' to receive my Cali for pre delivery inspection tomorrow, so should be back on schedule for 1st March delivery. I've seen others reactions before on the forum but didn't expect myself to be instantaneously this excited, am sure I won't sleep the next few nights... :bananadance:bananadance:bananadance (the second two are the dogs joining in with the anticipation of their new kennel on wheels...)

That's why asking, because I think I have week 14 ordering right at the end of Jan.
Initial estimate was around end of July.
This sounds strange, in most of Europe the waiting times is around 5-6 months and has been since they started manufacturing. I ordered mid january and have build week in end of june as it is now.

This sounds strange, in most of Europe the waiting times is around 5-6 months and has been since they started manufacturing. I ordered mid january and have build week in end of june as it is now.

The early posts on this thread led me to believe we wouldn't take delivery until September at the earliest based on a mid-Feb order date. Dealer didn't agree at all though, he said he doesn't like to over promise and is conservative in his predictions but he's convinced it will be here by early July. It does seem that members posting from outside the UK seem to have later predictions. I was fine with missing this summer and still am but it would be marvellous if it arrives in time.

Maybe it's all just guesswork and nobody really knows, unless the UK is getting some kind of priority allocation? Maybe VW is offering us a little incentive to remain close to our European friends....?

I ordered 2nd week Dec 2015 an Ocean 204 DSG 4mot. Initially given week 8 provisional build, confirmed (code 20) around 4 weeks ago, so hope to see soon!

My times very similar to yours (17/14) except wk 14 went to confirmed last week.

Just been told of the dealer mine has been built (was week 6 build) and is now in transit from the factory. So hopefully under a month till it arrives now. Exciting. !!!

My dealers is stating that week 14 is confirmed in his system. Though has no idea about (code 20) or something mentioned here :) Won't get too excited but if it works this will be an insane present because delivery might almost match my birthday :))
Initial estimates from importer were week 20-24. Maybe VW added production powers? Seems lots of people might get Calis earlier.

I was sent these in an email from SMG
I would think they are VW codes not SMG ones
Last I heard mine was at code 30 but that was a few weeks ago so hopefully on a boat at least by now

00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled
10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed
30 = In transit from factory
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Southern Motor Group
70 = Vehicle arrived at Southern Motor Group

How are the weeks calculated btw? From which date does it start?

How are the weeks calculated btw? From which date does it start?

Week 1 is the first week of the year to contain a Thursday i.e the first 4 day week. 01-01-16 was a Friday so week 1 didn't start until the following week. This is week 8.

I've just had an email from the dealer saying that our Cali (ocean 204 dsg 4motion) should be ready for collection in around 2 weeks. It was build week 6 so they must have got a move on with it. Ordered 07-12-15 so I think we've been lucky. Very excited!

I ordered in Spain last week of November, build week 3, van has arrived in Spain, should be with me in 2 weeks max. Approx 14/15 weeks from order to delivery. Can't wait to get it! Ocean 150 DSG 4Motion

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Finally received the good news today that my Cali has arrived at the dealers. Off to print off the check list and make a list of things to go over from all I've gleaned on the forum over the last month ready for a pre-delivery inspection tomorrow. Can't wait to bring it home next week :)

Just had an email saying our beach will be delivered tomorrow and ready on the 5th - just before the warranty runs out and MOT needs doing on the SE that we are trading in so couldn't be better! Gives us a few weeks to figure out where everything goes in a beach before Dorset at Easter.
Built in week 4 and took 3 weeks to get from the factory to the dealer.

Back