Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Trip to Spain

viorelchicu

viorelchicu

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
So ferry is booked and we are getting excited about our first trip on the continent. No concrete plans, but hoping to spend 5 days in the north of Spain and use the rest of time (2 weeks total) to travel down and up. Anyone can offer some advice to three newbies: D, M and 4 year old. ;)

Thank you, the map seems to be private so you probably received an email requesting access. The ferry is from Dover to Calais and then we hope to drive down taking our time, stay in North Spain for 5 days, and then drive up again.

First and second stop sorted; Fontainebleau for some bouldering and then Millau Viaduct.

Hi there viorelchicu

I have changed the settings at Google Maps end, can you try again and let me know if it works :thanks
Albarracin, one of the places on the map, is famous for its bouldering, not that I've ever done any!

Thanks snowy55 - the map works and very useful info.

Donostia, also known as San Sebastián is a very, very special city in NE Spain. A stunning city with amazing scenery, beaches, cycle paths, food, cliffs, walks ..... It is up there with the very best Europe can offer

Logrono is a couple of hours South and a small city/ large town and capital of the Rioja wine district and worth a trip too. Good informal night life/ tapas/ booze-up

Spanish supermarkets are virtually invisible. My guess is that Planners deliberately hide them. So if you see one, load up on your essentials.

Bay of biscay can be rough so consider sea sickness tablets. Food and booze on the ferry quite pricey, so you could take it from your Cali on arrival and eat your own stuff to save some cash.

Aa website will tell you about additional Spanish road regulations.

Thanks for the useful advice gatvol and for the recommendations, definitely going in my notebook :thumb

We are currently wildcamping ( well, almost wildcamping, we are in a campsite, le domaine pradines, which spreads over a vast area so you are miles from anyone) about 40km east of Millau. The plan is to continue then driving down to Spain, can anyone recommend a seaside campsite around park natural Cap de Creus or if there is anything good between Montpellier and Cap de Creus? It's my daughters birthday and she'd like to be by seaside, so hopefully we can stop somewhere for 3-5 days.

Many Thanks,