Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upgrade VW Composition radio to include Garmin Satnav - by Kenwood

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Not sure if this has been picked up on the forum - Kenwood make a VW approved satnav upgrade for the standard head kit that comes with California / Beach - see this
and this

Has anyone tried it out ?

Cheers

This wouldn't fit the T6 directly as it's made for the Golf MK7 and they are slightly different shapes.

However you'd expect Kenwood to release one for the T6 as they've done most of the hard work already getting this unit out.

There's a big trend in Alpine & Kenwood making stereos to replace factory stereos since more and more car manufacturers are going away from the standard head unit shape.

Alpine are about to release a specific unit for the T5 and I'm told the T6 too.

This wouldn't fit the T6 directly as it's made for the Golf MK7 and they are slightly different shapes.

However you'd expect Kenwood to release one for the T6 as they've done most of the hard work already getting this unit out.

There's a big trend in Alpine & Kenwood making stereos to replace factory stereos since more and more car manufacturers are going away from the standard head unit shape.

Alpine are about to release a specific unit for the T5 and I'm told the T6 too.
hmmm not sure - it looks like the composition unit is in use across the VAG group / range - i cant see why this satnav upgrade would not integrate with any VW Composition irrespective of the particular vehice.

I've seen a pic of the unit on one of the T6 threads. It's a different shape.

Will post the pic once back on laptop

The T6 Ocean unit

img_1722-jpg.10759

It doesn't replace the head unit, the sat nav plugs into the back and uses the original screen.

hmmm not sure - it looks like the composition unit is in use across the VAG group / range - i cant see why this satnav upgrade would not integrate with any VW Composition irrespective of the particular vehice.

Didn't realise it plugged in the back, my apologies

Back