Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW commercial dealership loyalty scheme

JohnnyP

JohnnyP

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
....is being launched by VW and is valid for any new orders in January 2016. Due to the good work by TomC (another forum member) this can potentially be back dated by VW however this will be judged on the individual circumstances of the applicants.

Thanks JohnnyP. However is this only for individuals with a current VW commercial vehicle or is the offer being extended to benefit those that are placing VW commercial orders (Cali) and currently own a retail VW (ie Golf)? Any help with this would be appreciated

Thanks JohnnyP. However is this only for individuals with a current VW commercial vehicle or is the offer being extended to benefit those that are placing VW commercial orders (Cali) and currently own a retail VW (ie Golf)? Any help with this would be appreciated
Unfortunately I do not have any specific info regarding criteria from VW but I believe (and I must stress it is only my understanding without official confirmation from VW) this will apply to customers which currently own a car or non-commercial vehicle.

What are we talking about here sounds interesting -- discounts or keyrings

Unfortunately I do not have any specific info regarding criteria from VW but I believe (and I must stress it is only my understanding without official confirmation from VW) this will apply to customers which currently own a car or non-commercial vehicle.

Ok - appreciate if you can keep us all posted if you hear anything else.

When we collected our Cali we were presented with a keyring with a supermarket token on it as if it was the Crown Jewels they were giving away.
Vw loyalty my arse!

When we collected our Cali we were presented with a keyring with a supermarket token on it as if it was the Crown Jewels they were giving away.
Vw loyalty my arse!
Think of all the interest you have saved by not having capital tied up in supermarket trolley locks :)

Last edited:
What are we talking about here sounds interesting -- discounts or keyrings
I have heard the same thing twice now so I am satisfied that it is accurate. £1K +vat is the upper limit. There could be a sliding scale as per the car scheme with lower bonuses for vehicles of lower value. The car scheme started with £400 if buying a VW Up and had a couple of other increments before the max level of £1500 for more expensive models such as the Tiguan.

JP I can confirm the value you mention is correct. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JP I can confirm the value you mention is correct. T

Hi TomC.
Is this only for individuals with a current VW commercial vehicle or is the offer being extended to benefit those that are placing VW commercial orders (ie. Cali) and currently own a retail VW (ie Golf)? Any help with this would be appreciated.

In my situation we bought a Golf around a year ago, received the loyalty letter and after a lot of debate VW agreed to honour against my purchase of a new Ocean as a goodwill gesture as they say was originally intended only to apply against car purchases. I believe they are now looking to standardise this offer which makes sense. There is another thread which goes into further detail. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my situation we bought a Golf around a year ago, received the loyalty letter and after a lot of debate VW agreed to honour against my purchase of a new Ocean as a goodwill gesture as they say was originally intended only to apply against car purchases. I believe they are now looking to standardise this offer which makes sense. There is another thread which goes into further detail. T

Thanks Tom. Could you let me know when you placed your order on your Cali?

I've just got a VW Comercial email informing me they will give me some money off on my next buy because I'm a loyal customer.

The point is..... I bought my Cali in Spain and, so far, because it's brand new, I only brought my Cali to a British VW Comercial dealer to replace my headlight for UK laws compliant ones.

Before of that I had a VW Passat which I also bougth in Spain and brought for services a couple of times in UK.

So far, I don't think I'm the proper loyal British VW Comercial customer, so I guess that's just a marketing strategy.

See following the email:

Dear Mr Estreao :)D),

We’d like to say thank you for being a loyal customer by offering you money off your next new Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle.* The offer is available across our entire range when registered before 31st March, 2016:
  • £500 off Caddy
  • £1,000 off Amarok
  • £1,000 off Transporter
  • £1,500 off Crafter

What’s more, each and every one of these savings can be used in conjunction with, and in addition to, any other current Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle finance offer.

So if you’ve been thinking about your next van or upgrading your fleet, why not take advantage of our Loyalty Offer and order your brand new Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle before 31st March, 2016.

Just to add to Johnny P's post.
I received the following email correspondence from VW Commercial Vehicles Customer Care.

"After receiving contact from a number of customers that are staying within the VWG network but moving from a Passenger Car model to a Commercial we have now actioned a scheme on our model range.The scheme is applicable for orders placed from January to March, however if a customer that has placed an order before these dates and has loyalty to the brand contacts us, all factors are reviewed by a case by case basis."

We have a VW Car and have managed to gain the loyalty discount on our Cali order. I doubt that all the dealers are aware of this retail/commercial cross over on the loyalty scheme but it's worth pursuing if applicable to you.

Just to add to Johnny P's post.
I received the following email correspondence from VW Commercial Vehicles Customer Care.

"After receiving contact from a number of customers that are staying within the VWG network but moving from a Passenger Car model to a Commercial we have now actioned a scheme on our model range.The scheme is applicable for orders placed from January to March, however if a customer that has placed an order before these dates and has loyalty to the brand contacts us, all factors are reviewed by a case by case basis."

We have a VW Car and have managed to gain the loyalty discount on our Cali order. I doubt that all the dealers are aware of this retail/commercial cross over on the loyalty scheme but it's worth pursuing if applicable to you.

Thanks for sharing this. Good to know that they've seen sense! Are they offering the full £1500 off a Cali or is it a smaller amount?

I know VW are saying this is in addition to any other offer but did you find this affected the standard discount that the dealer was willing to offer you?

The typical 7% discount figure plus potentially up to £1500 loyalty bonus plus £750 finance contribution all sounds too good to be true but I'd love to hear that people have been getting this kind of money off. Would certainly make me want to order before the end of March.

Thanks for sharing this. Good to know that they've seen sense! Are they offering the full £1500 off a Cali or is it a smaller amount?

The loyalty discount is £1000 plus vat on a Cali.

After 3 weeks of back and forth with VW Customer Care and more calls than i care to remember they have now confirmed that the loyalty bonus has been made available for all customers who wish to order a commercial vehicle but currently own a VW car.

I've heard that a number of people had called up VW and been told within the last month or so that this isn't possible. It definitely is now and they told me this morning that they've sent a notice out to all dealerships informing them that it can be done as a matter of course and is no longer on a case by case basis.

We placed our order this week but it was updated today to reflect the £1000 + VAT (£1200 total) discount when I heard back from VW.

Thank you to TomC, JohnnyP and Iamchucky for earlier contributions on this that encouraged me not accept the first no from the call handler at VW. If anyone has any further issues with this then speak to Dominic in Customer Care, he's familiar with the matter.

After 3 weeks of back and forth with VW Customer Care and more calls than i care to remember they have now confirmed that the loyalty bonus has been made available for all customers who wish to order a commercial vehicle but currently own a VW car.

I've heard that a number of people had called up VW and been told within the last month or so that this isn't possible. It definitely is now and they told me this morning that they've sent a notice out to all dealerships informing them that it can be done as a matter of course and is no longer on a case by case basis.

We placed our order this week but it was updated today to reflect the £1000 + VAT (£1200 total) discount when I heard back from VW.

Thank you to TomC, JohnnyP and Iamchucky for earlier contributions on this that encouraged me not accept the first no from the call handler at VW. If anyone has any further issues with this then speak to Dominic in Customer Care, he's familiar with the matter.
I can confirm this too. I've been badgering then for a few weeks and got confirmation, first from dealer, then from my contact at customer services that the agreement has finally been rolled out today!

As I understand the offer is for orders made between jan and March. However badger VW as they can back date on orders. We placed our order in September and still got the £1200. Might be useful info for anyone picking up their T6 in early March.

Hi all, to confirm the loyalty offer is valid to customers who own a Volkswagen car when buying a California.

The discount on California's is £1,000 ex vat.

The vehicle needs to be ordered between 1 Jan and 31 March 2016.

As I understand the offer is for orders made between jan and March. However badger VW as they can back date on orders. We placed our order in September and still got the £1200. Might be useful info for anyone picking up their T6 in early March.

Was there anyone in particular you spoke with? I had VW call me back today with the news that because my order was placed in September I wasn't eligible! The lady in question was sticking to the script of the eligibility dates and wasn't for moving.

The response I got by email...

This was from Dominic in the VW Customer Care Dept. who has been mentioned in a few posts within this forum. He was extremely helpful.

Hi iamchucky, I have just PM'd you because I need a bit of urgent information. Thanks Graham